Motorcycle powered car - reverse gear solution!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
A couple of years ago I saw a really kool kar that some high school students built that was powered by a Honda inline 4-bang motorcycle engine. It used a cut down Ford roadster cowl on a narrow frame with suicide front end & solid axle with chain drive. Only prob is bike motors have no reverse. While searching the Goog I ran across an example of a guy who used an electric motor to back his car up. Kool idea! Always want to build something krazy like that & this solves the biggest prob! Kool!!!

BoB

A couple of years ago I saw a really kool kar that some high school students built that was powered by a Honda inline 4-bang motorcycle engine. It used a cut down Ford roadster cowl on a narrow frame with suicide front end & solid axle with chain drive. Only prob is bike motors have no reverse. While searching the Goog I ran across an example of a guy who used an electric motor to back his car up. Kool idea! Always want to build something krazy like that & this solves the biggest prob! Kool!!!

BoB

when i was younger i had a truck that didnt have reverse -- well it had reverse just didnt work -- never was a problem really --just had to keep in mind you wouldnt be backing out of anything :)
but that is a pretty interesting solution.

when i was younger i had a truck that didnt have reverse -- well it had reverse just didnt work -- never was a problem really --just had to keep in mind you wouldnt be backing out of anything :)
but that is a pretty interesting solution.

Had a GTO with the same problem...called for a lot of creative driving and parking!:eek::D..CR

Yep, I've had cars that lost reverse too. Not usually a problem, but every once in a while I would forget and pull into a parking spot at something like a 7-11 forward, and then it was "OH ****!!!!!" You look pretty stupid pushing your car backwards. :eek::eek::eek::D

Don

Latest posts

Back