My search just took a turn...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gretsch

Oh boy - sitting at home showing my awesome wife several possible pickups I like which are for sale and she hits me with, "is that big enough for Jones?"

Jones is our husky/lab mix dog. We take him everywhere. We're very active outdoor types and he's got the life. He is our kid before we have kids.

In our original, "I want to finally by a hot rod but ratty looking" conversation - the only stipulation we had together was that we didn't want to have to choose between the pickup or taking the dog.

So I ask you guys to recommend me a few car models and years to look at as I want to entertain cars.

Requirements: it's gotta look killer in flat black, slammed stance, with coker white walls. Seats four - does not need to be a four door however. And the final kicker - is relatively cheap to get - I'll eventually want to have good power, highway gear, disc power brakes, and an IFS. But any combo of those to begin with would be a good start.

Hope this isn't too much to ask. :D

I am in a similar situation, but i have 2 young kids to seat instead of a dog. From my limited knowldge, I have seen '31 fords that look like they meet the 4 people requirement. I am in a similar boat tho, so I'm definately going to keep a look out on your thread for ideas.

jim

the wonders of a rat are you can take anything and elongate it. if you dont want to do that look in the build section and there is a build posted there called the 66 krewl kab (i think). that should do for a pickup. you can also look at a tudor to rat out if you dont "need" it to be a pickup. hell, what about ratting out an old woody wagon? seen that done a few times and when done right looks great. seen them with boards strapped to the roof and they look even better.

The possibilities are endless! Showbox Fords are still relatively cheap and look killer when Ratted. If you're good at fabricating and building, stretch a cab. There are so many builds on here that would probably fit your needs, just look back thru the build section and have fun! Good Luck....CR

Build a little touring roadster and let the dog have the whole back seat. It wouldn't be a truck but he wouldn't have to stick his head out the window...hehe

I have 4 children and a dog I would go for any thing with a back seat, sedans are cool and most are two doors or you could go for a panel truck. another cool ride would be a 64-68 chevy , ford, or dodge van.and the all american wagon. plenty of room for a growing family. If you are thinking a kid could be in the picture any time soon I would find a wagon, a sedan or van with windows it gets a little boring when you can only see out a front window. My kids would get a little rambunctious in the back of my 65 chevy panel van because they couldn't see out.

I have 4 children and a dog I would go for any thing with a back seat, sedans are cool and most are two doors or you could go for a panel truck. another cool ride would be a 64-68 chevy , ford, or dodge van.and the all american wagon. plenty of room for a growing family. If you are thinking a kid could be in the picture any time soon I would find a wagon, a sedan or van with windows it gets a little boring when you can only see out a front window. My kids would get a little rambunctious in the back of my 65 chevy panel van because they couldn't see out.

Good advice, really appreciate it. I'm looking around. Noticing more and more cars hitting the classifieds as we get closer to warm weather. I have a weak spot for 40's pickups - but am keeping my options open. I'll find something and keep you guys updated. There is a swap meet here in April which I am looking forward to.

Latest posts

Back