Need help identifying this front suspension

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonshiner

Can some one help me figure out what front end suspension this is. I'm in desprate need of new brake rotors and pads, but no one at the parts stores can figure out what front end this is. I thought it was an early Mustang II, but nothing from that looks anything like my rotors and brake pads. My rat truck was built in the early 90's so I know it is much earlier than that (70's - 80's?).
We can't find any thing in the books that looks like my rotor. Mine has the bearing extension in the rear of the rotor and all that I see has the extension on the front.
Its a 5 bolt Ford pattern.
HELP! I CAN'T STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpg
    IMG_1116.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1117.jpg
    IMG_1117.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1119.jpg
    IMG_1119.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1125.jpg
    IMG_1125.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 31
What's the old bolt pattern measure out to be ? It's been redrilled at some point. Also are there any casting numbers on the rotor,, caliper, spindle, etc that you could Google ? That "74" on the inside of the caliper looks like possibly the year it was cast. Metric or SAE hardware on the front end parts ? Has a "foreign" look to it almost.

Thanks Dr. Crank! It does look a lot like my front end. I see now that they did redrill them to get the 4 1/2" bolt pattern. I will start looking for the Fiero rotors!
Thanks again Doc!

Last edited:
Glad I could help.

As TNBandit said, your rotors have been drilled for the larger pattern. (Kindly ignore that, I see you figured it out. :D)

I'd keep the rotors and have them surfaced if possible, new pads and vroom!

I'm going to have to buy new rotors and have them drilled. The drivers side isn't too bad but the passenger side is shot. I have already found them online and ordered both of them and new pads. I can't wait to stop again. (it was getting hard to not spill the moonshine when I downshifted to slow down!!!)
Thanks again Doc! You're a big asset to the site! Rat Rods Rule!

Latest posts

Back