New from Hellinois

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaq

Hey everyone. Newbie from illinois. I've been into hot rods and rat rods my whole long life of 20 years and i've finally broke down and started my own project. I've always helped my dad build his race cars (dirt track) and build up his 78 camaro. But after going to the good guys show in des moines i decided i need one. Haha.
I just bought a 42 dodge pickup. Was an old navy truck. I am planning on the odvious slam to the ground, chop, and some goods. Still haven't decided in the engine yet, i do have two 350 blocks sitting at home, but i do love a 454. Haha. Im sure i will have plenty of questions because i already have a list of some! Hah

But once i get home from work tonight sometime i will post pics of the truck!

Thanks!

No it doesnt still have the markings, but the vin plate inside was a navy vin.
Guess it was some type of Navy tow truck or something...

Heres some pics...
mabg4i.jpg
[/IMG]

2u9sx93.jpg
[/IMG]

Not going to be using the front clip or hood and it is in great condition. If anyone is going to be needing one let me know! Ha.
And it still has the original rear end,, driveshaft, exhasut, engine, tranny. I know I wont be using any of that either, doubt the engine fires but with a little work who knows.
And Im not sure on the frame yet, it is in perfect condition except for on small facture towards the back that is easily fixable.
Im thinking I am going to just build my own frame anyways to make it how I want it, and plus it would almost be sad to cut a frame this nice up!

I love that front clip. I don't have anything to put it on but I would love to make some garage art out of it. Mount it to the outside wall then paint winsheild and scence on the wall. Make it look like it is parked in garage

Let me know after you removed it and if no one eles has got it. don't really know how I would get from you or if I could afford it

welcome to the site! --ever see any Caterpillars up there? he he:D
Haha. A few.
I love that front clip. I don't have anything to put it on but I would love to make some garage art out of it. Mount it to the outside wall then paint winsheild and scence on the wall. Make it look like it is parked in garage

Let me know after you removed it and if no one eles has got it. don't really know how I would get from you or if I could afford it
Alright. Ill let ya know once i take it all apart.

Latest posts

Back