New From Maine

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExpenseSpared

Hello, my name is Nathan. I am from midcoast Maine. Starting a new project and like to use places like this to help me along the way. My last project was an early 80's Jap bike and the Site I use for my motorcycle info helped with alot of things. So here i am.
I am building a 1938 Nash Ambassador Super Six. Great All Original car. Quad Coupe. Has an s-10 front clip, 283 already welded in, 700r4 on a pallet ready to be fit. We shall see from there. Its going to take at least until june to run and stop. Hopefully the metal work and glass will be done by july and interior in by august. Not looking for perfection, just functionality. Maybe some paint next year.
Looking to go fenderless on the front, Cant find a single picture on the world wide web that way though. Just going to have to trust my gut I suppose.
Any and all suggestions and help is welcome. thanx.

Couple pictures. On the trailer is its current condition. The other is before de-construction

Also one of the bike

Attachments

• 1938 nash 1.jpg
    1938 nash 1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 1938 nash 2.jpg
    1938 nash 2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 1938 Nash.jpg
    1938 Nash.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 14
  • bike done 3.jpg
    bike done 3.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 12
welcome

looks like a good start...

l'd leave the nose 'couse just don't see to many Nash cars and l think it looks better with the front sheet metal. just my opinion, but ya did ask.:)

be sure to include what year, make, model & plans when ya do a build thread as every one don't read the intro's.

Later :cool:

Last edited:
Hello

Welcome to RRR........ yeah what skull said :D nice start, I have a 1947 Nash Brougham Coupe I want to start on.. Start a build thread.[cl

welcome to RRR from OKLA. I like the sheet metal on the front also. Ikind of like the old fat fenders. You have a good start to begin with. Make a build thread for us to follow.

welcome to the site from NH I would go with the front end it may look a little odd being such a large car without fenders and the grill looks cool.
Get her running and run the wheels off her she will get some real head turns.

Hello from Ga,nice looking old Nash.I got a big old car also 37 Packard.Im thinking bout going with no ft end cause I aint got a hood+1 fender is not to good. Good luck

Welcome to RRR!
Keep the front metal for several reasons. You don't see many complete Nash's. A fenderless 4dr rarely looks right. Add to that the ugly s10 frame and it's bad proportions, you'll never get it to look right.

Again, keep the metal and make make it a sled instead. Chop and channel it.

After looking the front end parts over I will be able to unbolt the front fenders as i wish. Conections are all in great shape and I will be able to see it as both. Grill and hood would stay on, kind of a prowler look

Latest posts

Back