New from montana

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
Iam new to the rat rod world and have alot of questions on building my first rat rod.

I am a 37 year old family man working in the gravel crushing business, I have three boys and two girls, from ages 5 to 20. our house is a a busy one. Especially with the new grandbaby on the way.

My project car is a late 20's plymouth 4 door sedan, has the suicide rear doors and a oval rear window, not exactly sure of the year yet as i have not found an example of it on the world wide web. plans are to use a set of axles out of a 1980 peterbuilt dump truck. and instead of slamming to the ground like the norm of today i want to rake the rear end up high enough for the super single truck tires to clear the rear doors. streach the front end way out and use the solid ffront axle from the truck as a suicide front end. all with working air brakes, power plant will be a 440 six pack with the 727 tranny.
Will have lots of questions during the frame build.
Well thats enough blabing, let me know if any one knows the year off hand
thanks, TDSP

Pics of the plymouth and my other toy

[/attach][/attach][/attach][/attach]

Attachments

• rat rod 001.JPG
    rat rod 001.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 13
  • rat rod 006.JPG
    rat rod 006.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 12
  • rat rod 002.JPG
    rat rod 002.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 14
  • rat rod 003.JPG
    rat rod 003.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 12
Welcome! Sounds like a killer idea. My thought would be to keep the front edge of the rear wheel area in the same spot. then stretch the wheel opening up so it is a bigger area so you wont have quite as much rake to clear the monster super singles.

Latest posts

Back