New from Nebraska

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kouki

I'm new to the site and just starting my first build of this type. I have done several other types of vehicles, but this will be my first traditional/rat project. I'm 25 and have a wife and 2 kids, work full time and go to school part time, so finding the time and cash for this project is tough. This is truly going to be a budget build with alot of scrap parts.

I'm starting with a 42-47 Ford 2-ton truck, well half a truck. It used to be a grain truck and somebody cut the frame off behind the cab, so basically I got from the cab forward. I paid $350 for it, and a week later sold the locked up flathead for $250. I scrapped the rest of the frame last week end and got about $80, so I'm only into the cab for about $20! About 2 weeks ago I picked up a 46 Ford car wishbone front end for $100 complete and I just bought some steel to start a frame and spent $180, so as of now I have about $300 into what I have. Here are a couple pictures of the truck when I first got it. I'll post some more soon, probably in a thread in the build section.

IMG_4103.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

Okay, how did you find a buyer for for the old motor? and 2nd, Do they want another one?
Welcome to the site.

I just put it on craigslist for $300 obo and within about 3 days someone was there with cash.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm going to try to get some more pics tomorrow of its current state, similar to the pics above minus the front end and frame section. It seems like there is a ton of information on this site to help me on my way. I am sure I will have many questions along the way, and look forward to the input from you all.

Welcome to the forum... that truck is really kool & is gonna make a great ride! Please keep us posted!!! [cl

BoB

Latest posts

Back