new guy from texas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30fordor

My name is Brian a.k.a. Yones from Dallas TX. Just bought my first rat rod project... 1930 Ford Fordor It's my first rat rod but not my first project. I just finished up my 69 Camaro restoration and wanted to start something else and a rat rod is what came to mind.

Well, here she is....
DSCF0143.jpg

Looks like alot of work. Actually a little more than planned. When I bought the car on ebay, this is the picture I was looking at....
pos.jpg

The goof ball I bought it from loaded it on a flat bed trailer with a BACKHOE? Hince the crushed body... Oh well, nothing a hammer, grinder, welder, etc. can't fix.

I plan on fabbing the frame out of 3x2 & 4x2 tubing, 5"-6" chop, 2" body sectioning, suicide front end, four link rear with a SBC.

What do yall think?

Welcome to RRR, 30fordor. Pretty good start & plan. Keep us posted as you progress.

Not that bad

Well I took the body off the chassis this afternoon. Turned out its not as bad as I thought. Didn't realize the body was resting on the transmission plus the wood at the sills were rotted, didnt have any strength between the doors. Once I put it on a flat surface and lined it up I realized everythings straight except the driver side roof panel.

Makes me feel a little bit better about my purchase...

Latest posts

Back