New guy--HerkLoad

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerkLoad

Hey,
Thought I'd introduce myself. I am stationed overseas and unfortunately my rigs are in storage back in the states. My restomod is a 69 mustang coupe. Love it and drove it all the time. Even trips from Fayetteville to little rock Arkansas.

My next project has a sadder story. A few months ago my Father died. About a year before, he sort of ceremoniously gave me the keys to truck he loved but was never able to get back on the road.

It is '53 Chevy five window pickup. It has been sitting in the high desert for around 30 years. I'm sure folks have all sorts of opinions on what I should do but for now.

A short story of my plan: Roadster shop or Art Morrison frame, 350ci with a 700R4, oak bed floor, LED lighting(he was an electrician)

Basically I was strong fast updated frame and suspension, a reliable engine, auto w/OD and strong brakes

My trouble is that I wasn't to keep the body pretty much as it is. Rusty with some paint. Only rot is the outer window panel and floor both of which I want to replace.

Long intro but what ever.

Thanks,
Aaron

Welcome

Your plans sound great, I agree keep it original, maybe lowered and cool wheels, your dad would dig it.
When you can post some pix
Thanks for your service, what part of overseas are you?
See Ya

Welcome to RRR, sounds like a great start to a tribute truck. We have a few members who have been down that road, very tough one, but a healthy way to get through a tough time in your life!

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome folks. I look forward to input. Nice to find a bit of community outside the service.

Latest posts

Back