New to RRR - it's WilysFolks from WA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillysFolks

Greetings from WA...

The wife and I are taking on a new project that we thought this forum might be interested in... a 1954 Willys AceDeluxe 4-door sedan resto-mod conversion with a 1999 Chevy S10 short box chassis and short block 350 / turbo 400 swap.

Yes, the Willys line of passenger cars were all unibody, but the S10 frame fits perfectly within the original frame rails of the Willys - and - the 108 vs 108.1 inch wheelbases between the two are too close to consider any other alternatives. Yes, the front Willys body mounts and other issues were a concern, but just like everyone else on this forum, we simple work through things as they come up. Turns out a '69 Camero trunk pan and gas tank work out rather nice for replacing the rusted out Willys trunk bed and spare tire well.

And - like many of you, we've been "condemned" by the Willys restoration purists, but my wife's safety and future serviceability of the car are more important to me (and the thought of working the 350 up to 400-HP doesn't hurt either). Pulling out the Super Hurricane 226 and Hydro-matic was easy because the entire Willys front clip was installed using screws! Dropping out the differential and rear coils & leaf springs... well, think torch! And no dip stripping, it's all being done by hand.

So - thank you for allowing me to join the forum. I'll keep you posted as things progress. In the meantime, I'll attempt to attach a couple of "Before" and "During" shots of "Lil Willy", but my initial attempt was denied because of "security token" issue! Yup - I notified the forum's Admin.

Until later...

WillysFolks

Hi and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. Please keep trying to post pictures as we all like to watch. Three-quarters of us had this same gross initiation of learning how to post pics.
I have two S-10's now to use as under carriages for something. Keep on tinkering.

Welcome to the site
Try checking the remember me when you login.
Also try resizing the pics to no more than 1024x1024
If you're using Windows OS then use the Power Toys Resizer that can be downloaded for free. Setting it to medium makes it easier fro us to view in your posts.

Welcome from the big pond! :D

And - like many of you, we've been "condemned" by the Willys restoration purists, but my wife's safety and future serviceability of the car are more important to me (and the thought of working the 350 up to 400-HP doesn't hurt either).

We don't pay them folks no nevermind! [ddd

Toad

Thank you ALL for the welcome... I had some great suggestions for getting the pictures posted up and will do so on a build thread. Hanging out in the South Puget Sound area of WA, working in Olympia and living in the Tacoma area. Darn Pacific Northwet (not a typo!), if it wasn't for all the rain and moss, I might actually think about painting a car something other than brown or green! (((c: I've got a ton of pictures, a handful of questions, hardly a dime in my pocket and not a lick of sense. Perfect excuse for continuing this project... right?

'til later...

WillysFolks

Latest posts

Back