Newb workin on my first build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyD

So I've been working on my first build for quite awhile now. Very slow going but it's getting there. It's a super budget build for the most part. It's a 51 Willys pickup that I have swapped onto an 87 Toyota 2wd frame/running gear. It's got a 22r that I put a Weber on, desmogged, lowered, and tweaked a bit. I hope to change it up in the future but for now, this is it. I got the yota cheep and sold the crap I didn't need for enough to get that money back so I can't complain. Anyway, here's a few pics for now. Hopefully I will put together a build thread later on. Right now, every minute I spend online is one I'm not spending on my truck.

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

Welcome aboard! I really dig the old Willys trucks.............but how come the back window is so big on yours :confused: :D Would love to have that bed. [dr
Nice project, looking forward to a build thread. :cool:

Welcome aboard! I really dig the old Willys trucks.............but how come the back window is so big on yours :confused: :D Would love to have that bed. [dr
Nice project, looking forward to a build thread. :cool:

Nice project and welcome to THE place.[cl

Snake, not all trucks are chopped, or so i hear [S

I just noticed the shotgun on the rear bumper. Nice touch. That would probably get you a night at the crossbar hotel in some parts of the country. I like it.

Thanks all! I'll get a build thread going sometime before long. I'm just about at a point that I can take a breather and do that.

As for the big back window, that's this winter's project :D I'll be hittin any of you Willys guys up for tips, tricks, advice and general support once I'm closer to cuttin. As I said in my first post, this is my first build of any kind so I have never done a chop before. I'm looking forward to it but I'm a bit nervous about cuttin her up too.

Latest posts

Back