Newbie from FLA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkchop187

Just wanted to introduce myself. Been getting information from forums such as this for a while now. Thought maybe it was my time to contribute. Got a 30 Desoto sedan I just started. The plan is this: z the frame 4 inches in front. 9 inches in rear. Run parallel leafs on front but the axel mounted on top. Locate rear by transverse spring with perch like 41 ford and run ladder bars/ panhard. Gotta nailhead with a dynaflow tranny. I know that trans sux. But when I hang my pedals I am gonna put hyd clutch and just take the pedal off till I can afford an adapter for my Muncie 4 speed. Got 3X2 intake manifold. Lake pipes. 16 inch artillery wheels. Gonna lower body about 9-10 inches so it's level with the grille shell in the pics. Forgive me that my shop is a reck in the pics!
Ok just tried to upload pics and didn't work. Stand by

Ok for some reason the only pic that will upload is this one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 24
Welcome to RRR! Some guys have trouble uploading more than one pic at a time. No idea why. Another option is to use a hostng site like Photobucket.

Sounds like you've got a good plan and a good body to start. Keeping it a 4dr?

Hi there Sam I kinda figured that out about the pics. In the future ill post one at a time. I am still undecided about the rear doors. After I channel the body over the 5 inch frame the doors will be unusable due to fact the tires will be in the way. So my thought was just use the door skins and weld em up flush. But I wanted to just satin clear the body since it's in such good shape. If I welded the door skins I'd have to go a different direction with the clear coat idea. Any ideas?

start

welcome

please do a build thread.

the pics may be too big, try resizing them.

your'es looks a lot like what my 3Oish started out as. l shortend mine and made 2 door sedan delivery outta her.

Later :cool:

Welcome to the site
I've noticed that if you're using an iPad to load pics, they will only let you do one at a time. If you're using a computer, try resizing the pics to less than 1024

Welcome from So.Cal.
Your shops not a wreck it's used [cl
When you get the pictures figured out what a the two bike behind the sedan [S
we like bikes too.
Enjoy the site, you'll get all the inspiration you'll need.

The reason the shop don't looked wrecked is because the other pics didn't go through! I am sending via iPad so I will resize them and/or try photobucket. I'll send a couple more now. Here is the grille shell at approx height,body obviously still sporting the stock height. Next few days I'll start the build thread. Got the front of the frame z'ed rear comes next.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back