Poll: San Francisco Opportunity??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to say I think "You'll be sorry":( your hot rod will not be welcome.:eek:
You asked.............I can't wait to leave California you can't fix broken......

I'm confused by this.... "Your hot rod will not be welcome" in California? We have about every car style you could think of here...

And we sure have shows that accept the rods posted here. MidNight Mass, NoBillet, Rocky Billy Riot... etc.

And Half Moon Bay is an nice place, but I remember it being a long drive from the city?

But take my comments with a grain of salt... I really like California even with it's problems. But I grew up here in N Cal, went to college down in the Napa Valley, moved to Idaho, and couldn't wait to get back here....

Cheers
RustyNCA

While growing up I remember almost every car in the hotrod magazines were in California. I saw a lot of hotrods cruising around while there. From what I've learned so far is it's the 1973 and later models that get all the pressure.
Half Moon Bay is about 20 miles from the airport, where I'll be working. Not a bad drive at all. When I worked at the Denver airport I drove 60 miles one way. Done that over 3 years. Add snow in the mix and having to drive through the city to get there.

Not wanting to get into a pi$$ing contest, the truth is their are a large number of Calif Law Makers and groups (C.A.R.B, Sierra Club, numeros environmental groups) want to reduce the number of cars drastically in Calif. their are a few Classic and Hot Rod lobbing groups fighting the good fight. but with anything Apathy allows to have laws passed. I've talked to many people who didn't think it would happen. till it does. At this time there are enough laws on the books to cause 90% of home built cars to become unregistrable. All that is needed is a mandatory yearly safety check. I fought for years as a active member of Abate against the helmet laws, I was called "Chicken Little" and the biker who cried Wolf, by my friends, guess what They ALL wear helmets now.

While growing up I remember almost every car in the hotrod magazines were in California. I saw a lot of hotrods cruising around while there. From what I've learned so far is it's the 1973 and later models that get all the pressure.
Half Moon Bay is about 20 miles from the airport, where I'll be working. Not a bad drive at all. When I worked at the Denver airport I drove 60 miles one way. Done that over 3 years. Add snow in the mix and having to drive through the city to get there.

Well, 73 and newer do require a smog and would need to meet the smog laws they were under at time of manufacture. So if it came with a smog pump in 74, you are supposed to still have it. Or if you want to run headers etc, they have to be CA smog legal. Before 73 it's not a problem, least hasn't been for me...

The worst thing out here is the weather is okay for the hotrod year round, which really sucks....

Heck, took these in March a few yrs back when I was driving her one weekend.

Latest posts

Back