Scraper

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
I scraped the gasket residue off the block deck surfaces and the heads for an engine I'm preparing to put in my Anglia.
Never used it before, but this little scraper, which sat in a drawer for years, worked really well. Uses the same blade as the utility knife pictured.

Attachments

• IMG_3299.jpg
    IMG_3299.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 24
I have one of those, it worked great, until it got a bit worn from being used a lot.

Now it doesn't hold the blade tight like it used to. Still works good, but not as good as it used to.

Isn't this the place we say "They just don't build stuff like they used to." even though its probably 20 years old for the scrapper that probably only cost a coupler bucks back then? :D

I've had two or three of the kind that hold the single edge razor blades, the best ones were metal. One of the plastic ones broke, luckily I had on some leather gloves or I'd been short of some fingerprints for a while!

Haven't been able to find another metal one, guess they all cheapened up and went to plastic.

The wife and I use a flat one that holds a replaceable razor blade. Comes in handy for many things!

Toad

Latest posts

Back