Top secret

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I had a guy take me about 6 miles out of town to see his bosses old cars. Mostly belongd to his deceased dad, nothing is for sale and no pictures, I'm only telling this to show there is still stuff out there. First shed has a 30 Model A coupe and a 1967 Jeep. Then up on the hill, a Karman Gia, AD pickup, 66 Skylark, 57 Dodge big window on military power wagon frame, a 58-59 Chevy truck, 60 Ford 1/2 ton 4x4 and about 1 1/2 46 Chevy pickups, oh, and a diesel rabbit. Next shed (hanger) has a beautiful Piper J4 that hasn't seen daylight in at least 10 years, in back is a 26-27 Ford 2 door, partly restored. Then around back in another door is a 41-46 Chevy panel truck and I guess another 41 pickup but there was a huge pile of logs in front of it. On down the road to another old garage, inside was a really nice 57 Retractable and a 66 Galaxy convert, both have been in there at least 35 years.

no their not for sale!

We have all heard that. 30 days later, oh I sold that one. Strong dislike for these types.

Sounds like "dad" died with the most toys. They will eventually find their way out into the world again.

Yup but the old wooden building will fall in on the retractable before that.

Depressing.

I see this stuff sitting have tried to buy a lot, always get the same thing. It's not for sale. Not that I need any more but I always look. You never know what might be hiding. Sometimes when you find them it is so depressing it hurts to see.

Depressing.

I see this stuff sitting have tried to buy a lot, always get the same thing. It's not for sale. Not that I need any more but I always look. You never know what might be hiding. Sometimes when you find them it is so depressing it hurts to see.
True story. So many true stories. We could start a sad car story thread. It would fill up fast.

Well, the way I see it, they are still here. We lost all the 30s coupes and roadster decades ago to the out of state deer and antelope hunters. And most of this stuff is inside so not decomposing as if it were outside.

I guess I dont have a sad story , because the car is safe and protected .. but I checked on a 40 Ford coupe for around 5 years ... trying to get it ,,, he said he wasnt going to sell .... well Id stop in every year or so ,,( not to make my self a bother ) and ask if he was ready , and nope was the answer ,, well a few years went by and pooooof it was gone ,, a fella I knew of ended up with it .. I asked how he got it he said he just stopped by and the man said He thought it was time to get it gone so he bought it ... I guess I am trying to say ask often to let them know you are interested in his stuff .. who knows you may get lucky one day ..

I know this aint a rat rod but there is a 900 or bigger yamaha with one of the but ugly trike kits on it (or training wheels) and it was bought new and only has about 1000 miles on it ,, well its been sitting outside in the yard for about 8 years now ... no one can buy it .. a woman bought it and had the wheels put on it because she coudnt drive a motorcycle then later decided she didnt like that either , so it sits and rots away ,, sad

Last edited:
Back