Virgin builder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaynks2003

I also found this site while looking for ideas for my first project. I've just purchased and started on a 28 model TT (ton truck cab). I want to do a roadster truck. I have always loved the look. I've already made it into a roadster by cutting the top off and have braced the entire cab with 1.5" x 1" boxed tubing. I'm currently chopping the top 12 inches, so i can bolted the chopped top back on when necessary. I've also removed 3 inches from the bottom of the cab due to rot and rust. I've recently purchased a complete 1941 binder (International) chassis that is going to be modified for the project. I will be changing it to a single spring with wishbones. Right now I plan on using the binder flat 6 and 4 speed, but I also have a 322 nailhead with trans ready just in case, Still debating whether to just use the nailhead. I'm also still debating whether to use the original RR or do a dually. Seems like everybody is doing the dually so i don't know yet.

I know picture are welcomed and as soon as i can i will post. I look forward to seeing other builds and get advise, critiques and hopefully positive comment during my build.

J.

Thanks for doing the intro and welcome.
Sounds like some good ideas.
The part about the comments well, if you just want positive comments, I'm positive you'll receive a bunch :D

They're tall Sam!

Welcome to RRR... virgin... builder?

If I knew how to build a virgin, I'd be in the shop right now. :D

Welcome from Alabama ,, Sam that 12 inch chop didnt even catch my eye :D but I guess that would look pretty cool . see-ing how you could bolt it back on ..[P

Welcome to the site from Northern Michigan.

Looking forward to your build.
I had planned on running a nailhead in my project but the one I have needs a full*rebuild. $$$$$
Don't worry about the virgin part. We all were once.....or twice.:eek::eek::eek:
Torchie.

Hi Jaynks and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. Wow, a twelve inch chop, I hope that doesn't come back to bite you in the backside. Good luck. Everyone should have a Model A.

Latest posts

Back