visual appeal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW... the addition of the "teal" to the car, with a little "shocking" graphics, & I think it looks good how you pictured it...

How about using the contrast between black & white, butt keeping the lines clean & sharp, & keeping those original cop car colors, but "twisting" it some... like black with white flames, or contrasting striping or even just black & white graffiti ??? something that might be different, but keeping the lack of color the car had originally ???

attachment.php

Attachments

• 054_sports-car-vector-l.jpg
    054_sports-car-vector-l.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 123
I think you should paint your avatar pic on the doors and call it done.

Maybe the cubic inches on the fenders - old race car style, and put a fake sponsor name on the rear fenders.

Tail dragger with a slope chop wouldn't hurt either.

Maybe the cubic inches on the fenders - old race car style, and put a fake sponsor name on the rear fenders.

Put RRR on the rear fenders!! X2 on Sam fear's idea!

There ya' go, now we're getting somewhere [cl

Oooooh I like the old racecar idea. Would be easy & cheap. Just a matter of paint & numbers, lower it a bit, etc. You could have fun with that.

And plus it's an excuse to have no interior, painted-over rusted chrome, etc. Turn signals? Racecars don't have no turn signals!

If the car has any dents that would just be race damage. :D

.....At this point it's going to be the avatar on the front doors, RATRODSRULE.COM on the rear fenders and back doors above the wheel openings. 239 ci on the front fenders. Probably lowered in the back with blocks because that's cheap and easy. I can get skirts on ebay but i might be mixing styles too much here.
.....This plan has won out over another idea for big juicy poison ivy vines down the sides starting with green in the front fading to fall colors, red and yellow toward the back.
.....Looking for a painter who can produce the look i want now. Thanks Sam and everyone who contributed. ......................

You need a name above the Door. How about...

Abe Froman
D.B. Cooper
Hedley Lamarr
Bill Carson...

Maybe you need some sponsers too...
pp,375x360.u2.jpg

sticker,375x360.u1.png

flat,800x800,070,f.u5.jpg

Try_Nuka_Cola_Quantum_by_4DLink.png

686084361_orig.jpg

Last edited:
I think the rust looks great.

I think what throws the car off, and makes it not look like
a rat rod, or a hot rod, is the fact that the sides are still
black, and the roof is rusty. What I would probably do,
is strip the paint from the doors, and fenders, etc,
and spray it with some muriatic acid.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Metal-Rust

I like the idea of race car graphics, etc, that people have suggested,
but I still think it will look better on a totally rusted canvas.

How about using the contrast between black & white, butt keeping the lines clean & sharp, & keeping those original cop car colors, but "twisting" it some... like black with white flames, or contrasting striping or even just black & white graffiti ??? something that might be different, but keeping the lack of color the car had originally ???

attachment.php

tribal graphics=barf

Here's a different idea, get sponsored. :cool:

>>> Take the doors down to bare metal. Paint the doors white with Rust-oleum. Takes pics of the process. Photoshop the logo on the doors 1/3 up from the bottom. Send the photo album off to Rust-oleum's V.P. of Marketing. (only paint the doors)

Worst case you don't hear back. They might pay for a graphic & give you a monthly fee to advertise. Like the Carwrap advertising fad a few years ago. Could even want to use your car in and Advertising campaign. At the min. you get a spot in their company newsletter and make a few people smile.

:D

* if the logo is 1/3 from the door bottom plenty of room for your Avatar. ;)

Latest posts

Back