Want to build a Rat Rod.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gacannon

I am new to the forum. I am a retired engineer and have built a rod before, a 23 tall T with a 283 three duces on a boxed Ford "A" frame. I have a personal machine shop and am experienced with machining operations. Older now and this will be a project that is enjoyable. Just put down Harleys because of Vertigo problems. Rode them for 50 years but must listen to the voices that call ever louder to "get off and move on".

I am hoping the forum will be able to help in picking components. I am cheap scape to say the least. I will use junk car parts and rebuild things. I am very versed in auto electrical and electronics also. Spent 33 years as an engineer in the plastics industry. I have TIG, MIG, GAS welding capabilities and am competent in all three.

The last car I built, I was raising kids still and it was a push to get things done. Now, I have more time. I am also an advanced woodworker with all the machine plus a turn of the century 42" circular saw mill. Cut my own timber and have a drying kiln.

So, I have the skills. I have the will. But I don't want to re-invent the wheel if you know what I mean. Other have tramped down the weed and forged the way. I wish to learn from those who have the scars from mistakes and joys of success.

I have a 28 ford cab and bed. I know where a Ford model A frame is that is already boxed professionally. I wish to go leaf spring front and back (the easy way)

I am very experienced with Model A fords and have owned several. I have an early ford 1928 PU original now and did have a 28 special coupe which I sold. The antiques are neat, but I just drool over the Rat Rods.

Looking forward to posting and reaping abundant knowledge from forum members. If I can be of help, I will also pitch in. I am hoping I am in the right place for RAT ROD builders. I am retired but not over the hill yet.

Bob

Welcome and yes,sounds like youre in the right place.This is a great place and I am sure you will find a lot of help and info if you need it.

Latest posts

Back