Went out to dinner last night.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Looks like we have finally finished up Dan's rpu. Last week, while he was out of town, I sneaked some roller rockers in it and rejetted the two carbs. What a difference ! :eek: Now it runs like a 468 Olds should.

So, last night it was a non rainy night and we took our two cars out and drove about 35 miles each way to Naples, Fl to have a bite to eat. It is the first time in 4 years that his car has not loaded up the plugs, so the engine builder really nailed it. His car pulls strong and runs right along.

However, for some reason we were cop magnets last night ! :confused: We took a four lane highway that runs along I75 that goes through a bunch of residential areas.........really nice scenery and great pavement. On the way home, I see Crown Vic headlights coming up on us (we are under the 45 speed limit) and a Sheriff car pulls along side me and rides there for a minute. Then he slows down and pulls very close to my rear and continues to ride there for a few miles. Finally turns off.

A few more miles down the road, I see Crown Vic headlights coming up in the passing lane again, and this time an unmarked car. He also rides back a few feet for a few miles then does a U turn. We have driven all over the place and never had as much as a glimpse from a cop, even when we had open headers. Not sure why this time.

But, in the meantime, going the other way, about 20 Ninja bikes blew past in a single file, at about 80 mph. Then, 3 more blew past us at about 100, and scared the crap out of me. Guess the cops figured they couldn't catch those guys anyway, so why try.

But it was a nice ride on a cool night. :D:D

Don

Sounds like a good ride! It sure has been nice lately riding at night...nice and cool, trucks running great....

Sounds like you had a great time [cl :cool:
Did it remind you of your younger days with the cops hot on your tails [ddd

Latest posts

Back