What a crappy week

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

I was informed that a family friend passed away on Saturday night. While making plans today for the road trip to the services in Virginia today I learned that a friend in Mesa Arizona passed away back in Nov. Then while calling a few other hot rodders that knew him I found out that another hot rodder friend in Aztec New Mexico had a heart attack yesterday and passed away while loading a car.
I had meet them both thru hauling cars. I have hauled Eric in Mesa about 20 Vws from all over the country and have bought quit a few parts off of Karl in Aztec. Karl had a decent sized yard with most everything being older then 1970. Always had a blast trying to barter with the old fart!

Two cool @ss car guys from different generations gone....

I was informed that a family friend passed away on Saturday night. While making plans today for the road trip to the services in Virginia today I learned that a friend in Mesa Arizona passed away back in Nov. Then while calling a few other hot rodders that knew him I found out that another hot rodder friend in Aztec New Mexico had a heart attack yesterday and passed away while loading a car.
I had meet them both thru hauling cars. I have hauled Eric in Mesa about 20 Vws from all over the country and have bought quit a few parts off of Karl in Aztec. Karl had a decent sized yard with most everything being older then 1970. Always had a blast trying to barter with the old fart!

Two cool @ss car guys from different generations gone....

Sorry to hear all that but the guy passin' away loading cars... not a bad way to go! When we 1st started our real estate company our old boss was our broker of record. He was sitting around talking to a builder friend one day & the guy turned away to get a drink & when he turned back... our friend was gone! Blink of an eye... I felt weird for quite a long time after that!

BoB

Sorry to hear about your buds! If we learn anyhing at all, it should be to take time to savor the moments...

Thanks guys, your both right.

Karl was a heck of a character and I would say your probably right, he wouldn't of wanted to go any other way then in his yard. He had been fighting the politics over his yard. I hope they don't get there way and crush it. Be a sad deal for any car guy! I will post some pics of it later.

Thanks again guys!

i can relate
the biggest bummer about getting old is
I AM TIRED OF BURYING MY FRIENDS!

Billy didn't you live in Farmington NM before? Aztec wasn't far from there. I think everyone in that area knew of Karls yard lol.

Man what a jacked up day. Funeral was suppose to be tomorrow in Virginia originally then was moved to Thursday and now it's moved to Friday. Didn't find none of this out til we was 3 hrs from destination on east coast. So... We're heading to DC tomorrow to do some site seeing.

Anybody in the area? We will be near Gloucester VA before Friday. I've got three days to kill and I'm stuck with three women.

Three days with three women.......

Take them to a nice hotel, let them go to check in, you go to park the car and drive off, come back in three days and tell them you got lost:eek:

Made it to Fairfax VA for the night. Going to go see a few sites before it gets dark.

Traveling with the women isn't too bad yet. None of them have a since of urgency about them for anything tho.

Latest posts

Back