??what part of a project build is the most fun for you??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
for me, planning what to build and one day getting it running and driving & seeing your'e dream come to life.

being not as physically able as l used to be, l have fun doing a lot of the little things, like figuring out all the plumbing and running it or as some asked about why all the shiny stuff on the 30lSH dodge, well, it was fun to do.

if l have a lot of room to work l also enjoy putting in the motor & tranny.

tinkering is a blast, helps the mental state and it keeps me active. it gets things done, albeit a bit slow at times.

AND most of all...l'm having fun 'couse l still can do it[;)

Later :cool:

I enjoy getting it to "roller" with engine and trans in,exhaust,fuelling and brake lines in.
After that it gets like hard work.

No kidding, you think you're almost there and then you start plumbing, dash & wiring, lights ect. and realize you weren't half done.
I guess I pretty much like it all, just wish I could do my own machine work, but fortunately one of my best friends has his own machine shop and is real sharp.
If I had to pick one thing it would be the sheet metal. It's not my strongest suit but I think I enjoy it the most.

I like seeing my vision come together from concept to reality.

I'd say I liked the chop quite a bit, but I think that I will do less fab work on the next build, I get burnt out having to fab everything...

I'd say hearing the motor fire up for the first time is a very satisfying moment (or it will be)

??what part of a project build is the most fun for you??

Testing! [ddd

attachment.php

Attachments

• three alarm 24-10-08_1618.jpg
    three alarm 24-10-08_1618.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 53
I enjoy the designing and idea stage, along with the entire build! Hard to choose. I enjoy electrical, and plan little extras like linear actuators to open the doors to make the ride unique. Am already think about the next project, as I am sure most of you are too.

The best part for me is seeing my boys (12 and 3) and my wife getting excited about a build or the smile on their face when on a cruise.

My very favorite part is the first day or two when I am mocking up a new car. I love blocking the body up, propping the motor in front of the firewall, setting some tires and wheels where they look good, and then sitting in my pondering chair, drinking a cold one, and deciding what needs changed to make it look right.

That is the stage where you start fantasizing about what the final car will look like and how cool it will be.

Don

I'd say "Dreaming" since that's all I seem to get done lately. :eek:

I'm like Willowbilly though, I love to coerce sheet metal.........I just wish I had the tools and the time to learn how to do it. :)

My favorite part is building the motor and then firing it up for the first time. Something about "bringing something to life." Definitely gets my heart pumping.

I like fabbing the chassis and welding, planning how everything is going to fit together, and the best part is firing up the engine for the first time.

As soon as it gets to the point where I can drive it around the block I start to run out of steam. That's when you gotta pull it all apart, paint everything and do the wiring. No fun! (for me).

....and then a few months later I get bored and sell it.

either putting tires on it for the 1st time
or painting.
i like the drastic immediate changes those two things bring about.

I like the hunt for parts, sometimes it takes months to find that just right part at the just right price. I also like fabbing small things, things you won't notice unless you get down and look real hard.

And nothing beats driving it! That first ride is always a bit scary, did I remember to do this or that, did I tighten up what needed tightening, is this thing gonna drive right or scare the hell outta me? [ddd

Great thread. I think i like the point where i am with the '51 shoebox right now. It's nearly ready to go back on the road and i am contemplating what i can do now that will make it unique. I'm thinking Poison Ivy vines instead of the usual flames. Fading from green to the autumn colors the vines turn.

Last edited:
couple of favorites for me

hearing it come to life for the first time!!!!

and

Just watching my vision take shape even if it doesn't turn out exactly how I pictured.....

Latest posts

Back