whats up from central ohio

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtybird819

What's up yall? I've been lurking around for quite bit of time, so I thought id introduce myself cause its time for questions. My names Brian, Im from central Ohio, Newark to be exact. I'm married with an 8 yr old boy and my wifeys pregnant. I work full time as a fabricator for Hendrickson Axle and I operate my own lawn care business on the side.

I've been reading thru this site almost daily for past 9 months. I'm gathering all the info I can b4 I start my build. I'm gonna start with the chassis. The body I haven't decided yet on a open fender or not. But most likely to be a truck cab, really interested in a binder mainly cause iH was a big name for me growing up. I plan on dully rear with a 4 link set up on bags. Suicide up front possibly bags dependant on looks. Id like a functioning tow boom or flat bed to haul my bobber around to shows (currently don't have one cause I sold it to buy a Harley, sold the Harley to buy a bigger Harley, truck blew up spent cash on 2000 gmc Z71, but ill build another)

I'm gonna set me a goal to under $5000 and have it ready by light the night car show here local in 1yr.

Not planning on anything extremely custom but enough to my taste. I plan on starting the frame within the next few weeks and gonna start askn questions. Then when come spring I'm gonna take a trip to buds auto up north and get a cab. Gonna do a 6" chop and Chanel it till I lay suicide doors on the ground. I like the look of the mail slot window but like functionality better so I'm torn between the 2, I guess ill burn that bridge when time comes.
A buddy I work with has a few 350/350 turbo mates that I'm sure I can snag for cheap. I've been Lookn out for a 9" rearend for a decent price but no luck. The neighbor has an old front axle sittn behind his garage and I plan on askn him bout it maybe I can snag it for Hella cheap too.
I'm not incredibly mechanicaly incline but I've done my share of engine swaps in my whole 26yrs of life on this earth that I'm sure I can figure it out. If not I got friends with mad skills to school me. :)
I'm always open for suggestions and criticism as long as they are helpful.

Thanks to everyone that I've followed over the past 3 yrs I've got a lot of help just watching.

Watch for my Q's in the other forum areas

O and this is what bit me and gave me the fever. I first seen back in '08

barattowtruck.jpg

Welcome to the RRR.....

Cool ideas........sounds like you have some plans...need something to [;) on.....we'll be waiting....[P

Cool ideas........sounds like you have some plans...need something to [;) on.....we'll be waiting....[P

O I got lots of plans but they all in my head I'm just tryin to figure out how to get them on paper. And welding? I weld all day everyday at work. just no pics maybe ill sneak a few or wait till I get my 2x4 tubing in cpl weeks.

hi

sounds like ya have a plan,

do a lotta pics in the build thread when ya start:D

we like pics, makes it easier to follow along.

Later:cool:

Hooray for trucks

Welcome to this outstanding site. Stay tuned as you have been and ask the guys for help. YOU WILL get some. Steve

Latest posts

Back