www.autopartsdealer.com

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkk

parts supplier-----www.autopartsdealer.com
I ordered a Flex-A-Lite fan assembly from them on 9/10 said to ship 9/13. I called them 9/16 to check on a tracking number. I was on wait for 1/2 hour before customer service rep answered. Told me it was on backorder. The site states any item delayed/not being shipped customer will be notified. Not me! Anyways they said it was shipping that day from manufacturer. I hear nothing by 9/20...you guessed it. I called for a tracking number. On wait for rep for 43 minutes. Finally talk to someone. They had to call Flex-A-Lite for tracking. I'm on hold for about 25 minutes more. Rep says he is on hold and would I like him to call me back or email the tracking number. I said send email. 2 1/2 hours later, still no email. I call back again...1/2 on hold again, rep answers and says, I'll have to call Flex-A-lite for the tracking number. Here we go...finally gets someone and sends the number to me. Being delivered on 9/22. hopefully. I can say I saved about $70 but I'm wondering if it was worth all the hassle.:(

Update: A representative from autopartsdealer just called me a little upset about this post. To be fair to this company, I want to state that although this post is true from my perspective, am in no way dissing their business or the products they sell. I'm merely pointing out that I am some what dissatisfied with the customer service I personally have received. I feel that I should have been notified sooner and without having to call several times to get a tracking number. The item DID ship on 09/16 as stated. As was explained to me,this whole interruption in communication is due to the employee being out the next day. The representative has stated his case and has apologized for the delay in notification. I harbor no animosity toward this company or it's employees. I did save a considerable amount of money, and got free shipping. The best part is my fan will be here tomorrow!

Last edited:
More and more of these internet sales places are simply order takers. They stock nothing and drop ship from various manufacturers or distributors, so they take your order and then place another order with them.

I've bought some stuff from similar companies, and sometimes it goes well, sometimes it doesn't. But you can save some money going this route. To me, these deals are like shopping at WalMart..........you can save some money there, but you give up having any hope of actually finding a sales person to help you, plus you are going to have to stand in line to pay longer than it took you to do your shopping.:mad: The other day I went into AutoZone to buy some Freon and the 16 year old "Associate" immediately approaches and wants to help. Told him I wanted freon, so he takes me back and points to a shelf of antifreeze! I said "No, FREON", and after he does some thinking he goes, "oh, that stuff for air conditioning!!!" :rolleyes:

We've all done it to ourselves. We want cheaper prices but the stores have to try to still turn a profit, so paying good employees and having lots of inventory have had to go by the wayside. We only have ourselves to blame.

Don

Latest posts

Back