Xmas comes early...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Crown

Well, not really...I had to work my ace off to pay for this, but well worth it.

Multi-process welder. Mig, stick and tig. All three, will get all my projects taken care of.

photo49.jpg

Body work = check.
Frame work = check.
Detail work = check.

It's been AGES since I've picked up a tig torch and burnt holes in metal, but it's like riding a bike...I think. Bought some rod and new tungsten yesterday and went to the garage and read the book on how this fancy machine works.
It's pretty nifty. Not scratch start, but rather a lift-tig. Works smooth. The trigger is something that will require getting used to, but I've kind of figured it out.

Here's the first pass ( pro welders, go easy I'm re-learning all over again [;) )

83E9B1B0-785F-41DD-8A83-B5E518F24133-117-00000002F0125ADA.jpg

More practice will bring my confidence level up, but I thought this bead was pretty decent...

You must have been a very good Boy. :D Uh, if my welds looked that good I would quit right there.:eek:

Don

Santa knew I really needed a new set-up, considering the amount of work I have to do.

My best pal who's a welder by trade said the same thing! He told me I'm not allowed in his garage when he's running his tig, afraid I'll make him look bad. Haha.

Coolness!! Who is it made by? I've welded since I was a kid and never had a chance to TIG. Nice

The welder is a Thermal Arc and the model is the fabricator 211.

Most of the welding I've ever done is MIG, a little bit of stick, and very little time with a TIG. I guess with the limited time spent on a tig, the lift-tig option is pretty cool and not hard to figure out.

I like this welder's versatility and adjustability. Rather than just knobs with a few letters/numbers, this one is all digital readout. Makes for more precise welding. Now, if I could just make my welding more precise, everything would be gravy!

Sweeeeet! Nice machine & I only wish I could weld that well. It's always a bonus havin' great equipment! [cl

BoB

Latest posts

Back