Yet another advantage of using CL !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CR55

It's just a little surface rust!
I saw this in our laocal paper this morning. Think twice about doing what this fellow did!!

Two Sussex County bandits have been using the craigslist Web site to advertise a car for sale and then hold up prospective buyers at gunpoint, police said.
Laurel police are now asking the public's help in locating the pair, who are operating in the Wexford Village community.
The two have robbed two men in separate incidents since last week by luring them over the Internet with a nonexistent car, Laurel police Sgt. Derrick Calloway said.
The most recent incident occurred about 3:30 p.m. Monday, when a Dover man answered an ad.
The victim was instructed to go to the first block of Sunset Drive in Wexford Village to view the car, Calloway said.
When he got there, he was met by two men who tried to rob him.
The victim began fighting with the men until two or three more men showed up and joined the fight.
It ended when one of the men said he had a gun, Calloway said.
The assailants took the victim's money then got into two red vehicles.
A New Jersey man was robbed the same way March 24.
The victim told police that he made arrangements through an ad on craigslist to meet with the owners of a car he was interested in buying.
About 12:30 a.m., the prospective buyer was directed to Sunset Drive, where he was met by two men.
Each was wearing a mask and carried a firearm, Calloway said.
The victim was robbed at gunpoint and the two assailants fled with his money.
"The reason they chose Wexford Village is that it is secluded," Calloway said. "It's fairly dark and basically surrounded by woods."
Calloway said the victims were from out of town and unfamiliar with the area.
He cautioned that anyone using craigslist should meet the seller in a public place and not bring cash

Jeez. I hate Craigslist. It's always had a bad reputation. All these stories keep popping up constantly. But you really can get a good deal, its just there is always someone out there trying to scam you.

I saw a sting operation on tv where they were pimping young girls out of a motel using craigslist.
I guess in car deals anything is possible but you can only get boned by someone if you let yourself and most of those kind of deals are probably fueled by greed, the same way scammers take people. They think they are getting a great deal and don't see the forrest for the trees.

They caught one of the guys a few days ago!![cl..It's beyond me why you would go look at a car close to 1:00 in the morning![S..CR

no joke

there was an ad in the local craigslist looking for girls to live completely naked for some amount of time ... with other girls in a house in a very nice neighborhood with some ridiculous amount of cameras for an ill mannered website contest ... wasnt real sure what to think about it... but i knew i didnt like it... made me feel dirty just reading about it :/

I saw a sting operation on tv where they were pimping young girls out of a motel using craigslist.
I guess in car deals anything is possible but you can only get boned by someone if you let yourself and most of those kind of deals are probably fueled by greed, the same way scammers take people. They think they are getting a great deal and don't see the forrest for the trees.

Nice play on words WB3. [cl

Latest posts

Back