hello from houston

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primrrd

howdy all. new to the site and see that introductions are in order.
I'm Chris from Houston Tx.

I look forward to posting some pix of my daily driver 81 chev swb truck.

Smoothed, lowered 5/7(no bags, just steel on concrete) , shaved, cowl scoop hood, and perpetually in primer. It is my daily driver has power brakes and steering and, thank God, with our recent 114 degree heat down here, a/c.

not supervintage tin, mind you, but it is a "classic" now as defined by the
great state of Texas!

The "rat" part of my truck is in the primer, the fact ive done all of the work on it in my driveway and have scoured some salvage yards, swaps, and classified for the pieces to put it together... and my wishful yearning for
a 49 chev bullet back coupe with about a 7 inch chop in black primer and
orange/while fine lines....

my truck has 17" impalla ss wheels, im working on putting some chrome bullets on the center caps and maybe painting the centers red or orange
(what do yall think?)

now for the bad news.... it has a (GASP) billet grill.....

i really enjoy the site! hope to get to know you guys better soon!

Welcome aboard Primrrd,
I have an 81 stepper myself. I will go ahead and warn you, We are all some "Pic Hogs" around here. I would love to see how you got your truck soo loo to the ground.
My build is actually under the "Rat Rod & Hot Rod Photos" section. It is titled "Dark Sarcasm". Take a look and gather some pics together.

Welcome to RRR

We have a little saying around here, "Build it to make yourself happy." Billet is not really a big deal if it is done right. Heck we even have a few guys with fiberglass rods. imagine that. welcome to the site.

Welcome!

Primrrd,
Welcome to the forum... make u're self @ home & fee free to join rat in. I'm in H-town too & live in the Heights... what part r u in? Lots of great guys here but be warned... they will hound u for pictures!!! Glad u found us!!!

BoB

Welcome to RRR Primrrd. Like Bonehead said, build to make yourself happy and don't worry about it. I'm one of those guys he talked about that has a fiberglass car and they haven't kicked me out yet:). In fact, everybody is down right friendly about it. Welcome again and how about some pics.

chevy and billet........ well 0 out of 0 ain't bad..lol..

welcome, there is a good group of guys here and you will enjoy your stay!

just make sure you never go fibergla............... oh hey gastrick! how's it going?

welcome to the site! those 80's aren't bad looking trucks at all. There my next favorite style from the 60-66 trucks (i'm a bit biased, i've got a thread under the build section too :D). You didn't mention what was under the hood. Big block right? :p

Latest posts

Back