Tetnishot

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tetnishot

Well I figured that was the first step (The Shot). While I was trying to pick up all of the nails and screws that were falling off of my new Rat Rod to keep from giving everyone flat tires going down the freeway, my friend smiled and named my car Tetnishot. I for one didn't realize how much wood, screws, and very small nails they used back then. Now, all I have to do is create the picture in my head with all of this metal I brought home. They called it a 1928 Plymouth Q model 2 Door Sedan. I called it Willy, only because I've always wanted a 1941 Willys Coupe. Now you see them everywhere, solid billet and all the jellybean colors you can imagine. Thing is, they all look alike. I just have to be different you know. My friend and I went to a car show the other day and he had the only flat black car on the lot, his car was the only one that people didn't put car show fliers in. There must have been a requirement to have glossy paint. ??? To make a long story short, I'm new to the Rat Rod world because of the folks out there that seem to have all of the same cars and parts, some just in different colors. I like to be creative and from what I have seen on this site, this is where I need to be.

Note: If you ever host a rat rod show, Don't make one of the prizes car wax!

Last edited:
Welcome to RRR, Tetnishot. Glad you found the site. You'll find a lot of good & smart people here. Now if you've been here even a short while, you should know how we like pictues. Post some of that Plymouth. That's definitely a different ride.

Nails

The nails should be replaced by welds. It's going to be a trick on the top because most of it was wood, unlike the A that had metal on both side of the top that was rolled.

Welcome!!!

Tetnis,
Welcome to the forum & yes... most of us have had our tet shot!!! Probably mandatory around here!!! Glad u could make it over to the lite side... feel free to join rat in!!!

BoB

Real Rat Rod show

I would too. The last one I went to a Jellybean Red 1941 Willys entered and won. The flier said No billet, Jellybean paint jobs, or anything like that and they allowed a bunch of cars to enter. I thought it was Easter again. Don't get me wrong, I like all cars, and love creativity, but it is hard to compete with someone that has a brand new 2007 model 1941 Willys Coupe where nothing on the car is 1941.

Wherabouts in OKC you at, Tetnis? My wifes from there originally. The in-laws are still there.

Latest posts

Back