new guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konnan

Just got here....Hi this is Me.....just picked up a 31 model a cowl and will begin the build soon...everything but the cowl from scratch...I know what yer all thinkin and I got it covered man , no worries , may also be pickin up a couple 60s era beetle bugs to play with...dont know why they just seem like fun and they is free , any suggestions or ideas send em on over...always new stuff to learn....have been a certified bodyman and painter in a past life and am now a welder/fabricater

Welcome to the site. I am with you on the cowl idea. I see no problem, and think it is a great way to go. I have a collection of cowls set and ready for the same type of project. Keep us posted

Welcome!!!

Konnan,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us. Love to see fotos of what u're workin' on & also those bugs. There r several bug guys around here!

BoB

Hey Konnan - For some reason, I believe you. Welcome.

Check out these pics. Just a cowl and some bed parts. The rest is faked. It was my favorite car in the "ratrod" zone at the primer nationals. He did a good job fabricating suspension, exaust hangers, brackets etc. Kinda got goofy with drive-in speakers for the stereo and some other stuff, but over all it was my favorite.

Attachments

• Primer nationals 07 023 (Medium).jpg
    Primer nationals 07 023 (Medium).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Primer nationals 07 025 (Medium).jpg
    Primer nationals 07 025 (Medium).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Primer nationals 07 027 (Medium).jpg
    Primer nationals 07 027 (Medium).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to RRR!

Konnan,
Welcome to the forum, think you'll like it here! Hopefully you'll keep us updated on your progress!

ISore

welcome to the site dude, i'm sure if your getting a couple of free bugs some of the sheet metal could be used from them when building your rod. they are free and it beats buying it.

Well thanks for all the welcomes guys....only have the cowl for now will go look at the bugs this weekend if time permits and will take pics as progress is made

Bugs!

Konnan,
Welcome to the forum and I'd love to see some bugs if you'll post them. Can't wait to see your progress!

Rattler

Welcome, Konnan. You'l find a lot of interesting folks here with tons of knowledge. Keep us updated on your progress. W/ pics, of course :D

Latest posts

Back