They call me Biggles!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGGLES!

Hi All.

Before I start I'd like to say GREAT SITE!!!

OK so I'm a Brit... and for those who dont know Biggles is the title character of a series of books about a WW1 pilot...and I got the name as I wear a red leather flying helmet (and Chopper Goggles:cool:) when drivng my open tops.

I love the Rat look and also classic Minis (not those BMW thinngs - the REAL mini) and am now putting the two together a Rat Mini... so no big flat heads here but satin black paint, red wheels, white walls etc not to mention the roof has to go!

Keep up the good work and keep inspiring me ... who knows I may one day grow up to a Mercury or Hudson but God knows where I'd keep it british garages a small.

Welcome!

Biggles,
Welcome to the forum!!! Glad to have u on-board & am lookin' forward to u're input. Love to see some of the scene there so if u go to any shows... please share the pictures with us! Anyway, can't wait to see that topless Mini rat!!! Make u're self @ home &* feel free to join rat in!!! ; - >

BoB

welcome to the site biggles. I have a penchant for vehicles the prince of darkness provided switches and relays for. My next keeper project is a 66 GT6 that I am going to make a pro streeter out of with a narrowed rearend and small block Chevy. It ought to scoot.
Are the real minis body on frame construction? I think they look killer with a chopped top.

A topless rat mini, sounds amazing. I've seen some crazy motor swaps done on the old school mini's out there. All kinds of 4 banger love.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

To Tripper - I agree rust IS natures paint job... just wish is was not so distructive:(

To Cyclops - love the idea of the GT6, minis are built on 2 sub frames (front & rear) linked by the uniary body so to do a top off I have to build a frame or at least links to join them together or the min will bend in the middle:(

To Flat Black - the best things in life are topless...cars and girls:D

Welcome aboard. Nice to see we are getting members all over the globe. :)

How are your gas prices these days? I hear they are super high, so the mini thing probably makes sense on a few levels.

Don

Hi Don,

Gas prices are through the roof here, near on £1 a litre thats a £5 a gallon or in your money $10 a gallon!:(

Yes minis make sense but who ever said owning our kind of cars makes sense...our cars are a passion! and passion never makes sense.

Buy the way mini I am using is a rarer Elf aka a mini with a boot (trunk to you guys) as it has way better lines...pics soon.

I've just posted some "before" pics n stuff on mine in builds forum and will try and keep the tread upto date.

Latest posts

Back