Greetings from Texas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrent

Please allow me to introduce myself ---
-----I'm a car guy --- it all started in my dad's one-man garage way back when and somehow I now find myself staring 50 (years old) right in the face.

I've been lurking and checking out several rat rod forums ---- theres some pretty cool stuff out there.

Here's my current bunch of toys. the Blazer and Vette were daily drivers untill I took a job 40 miles away a couple of years ago so they are used for weekend fun.

I re-did the elCamino 15 years ago and am in the second round --upgrading to front disc and a new cam in the 454 - new dash and fuel system......

The Studebaker was patiently waiting for a Chevelle frame transplant, but last week I came across a fellow cutting up a relatively recently restored (say that 3 times fast) 50 Studebake so I snagged the flat 6 to put in front of the S-10 5 speed in the pickup.

Well, that's my story......
416624_230_full.jpg

416624_231_full.jpg

I love that Elcamino

What part of Texas are you from,Im building a 66 elcamino and want the stance to be pretty much how yours is.How did you do it? tire size? etc

Welcome!

Rrent,
Welcome to the forum... easy goin' bunch here so feel free to join rat in! Another Texican!!!

BoB

thanks for the welcome --

I'm in central Texas near Austin

-the ElCamino now has 275X60's on 10 wide (with
5" backspacing) aftermarket rallye wheels ---- the front is so high (in the above pics) cause the motor is sitting on a stand in the garage waiting a new cam and replacement. I got pulled off of that to drop the new 6 in the Studebaker.

I'm running an 1 1/2" spacer under a set of '67 SS rear springs. Yep, I parted out a '67 SS many years ago ---up front springs are from that same SS.

front tires are 225X78's (or maybe 215's) on 7" rallye's

here's a pic taken awhile back before I started the 2nd redo.

this has 255X70's on 8" rallye's:

elcamino.jpg

Mitch496 --- I work (selling swimming pools to movie stars ---okay,and regular folks also) in Belton; one of my son's friends has a jr dragster ---he and my son are at the Temple track regularly ----I'll make a note and get by the drags ---thanks for the info/link

Ronnie

Ronnie,
Welcome to RRR. Easy goin and laid back bunch of folks round here.
Give us some more pics of all of them. Nice collection you got there.

Welcome to "Rat Rods Rule". Seems like most of us here believe, "Cool Cars Rule", but RRR sounds better for a site. You have some cool cars there.

Latest posts

Back