Dyno'd my Chevelle today! Sweeeet!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
A shop that really specializes in tuners was having a Dyno day... $30 for 3 pulls! Wow... I couldn't resist! I'd been wanting to see what I was really making at the rear wheels so here was my chance. The 1st two pulls I did a 385 max hp & a 388. I said... somethings wrong & then realized they were only running my engine up to 5,000 rpm... my red line is 6,600. I told him to stand on it & got them to at least run it up where it made 464 max hp @ 6,150 & 440 ft lbs of torque. The hp was still headed up at 6,150 so I know I could have pulled another 5 or 10 hp... had a lil more then I thought! I gonna go back some day when there aren't all those people & run it up to the rev limiter & see what my best is then. Think I must have aprox 560-570 hp @ the flywheel which is about 30 more than I figured!

BoB

Those soccer moms won't stand a chance! [cl I bet the tuner guys were impressed. :D

Don,
Funny thing was... there were hardly any tuners. Several new GTO's, a '57 Chev with a BB, a couple of Cameros etc. Now those soccer better *really* be scared!!! :eek:

BoB

It's no wonder you are dusting all those Euro-supercars. What rear tires do you run?

Bob,
I'm running M/T 17" drag radials, they're 11" wide. B4 my car fishtailed severely in 1st & 2nd but after I put the M/T's on it hoocked up big time & made a huge difference. Only thing is they're a lil scary at 60 on the freeway in the rain. :eek::eek::eek: When it rains I pull off & drive the surface streets home! :D

BoB

Tripper, have you ever ran that down the dragstrip? I'd be curious to know how those numbers translate into real world ET's. Sounds like a blast to drive for sure.

Any print-outs to post? I'm wondering where your torque peaked and such.

Here it is! Gonna go back & run it up to the 6600 red line! This motor is really strong to the red line!

BoB

Attachments

• dyno2.jpg
    dyno2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 30
Not impressed, ive got that much in my kia. :D
Really nice Tripper. 400+ hp and not even at redline isnt bad at all. Do you ever hit redline on the street?

Ok... I admit it! Got dusted by a Kia just the other day!:eek: And no... I never hit the redline on the street but have hit the 6400 rev limiter once or twice! [ddd[ddd[ddd

Tripper, have you ever ran that down the dragstrip? I'd be curious to know how those numbers translate into real world ET's. Sounds like a blast to drive for sure.

Haven't run it since I made a few changes but B4 that I ran around 12.5/12.6 @ 120. I'm tryin' to get in the 11's. I'll go back to the track when it cools down a bit... it's blazin' hot here now!

BoB

Kinda hard for my tired eyes to read that, but it looks like you were still pullin 400lbs/ft at 6000rpm and not dropping off much. I bet an easy 10 to 15 more by 6,600.

Tripper, that 120mph says you're making some horsepower. Sorting out the chassis, converter and gear would put it in the really low elevens. Possibly high tens.

Latest posts

Back