My GTX

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTXKen

I spent 7 years building it in my 22x20 garage. Built my own rotisserie and did everything but spay it myself. It was in rough shape with no interior when I got it, 3 coats of paint of which the topcooat was flat black.

DSCF2110.jpg

MVC-005F.jpg

What can I tell you.....

The 440 is a .030 over stroker, ported aluminum heads, RMP intake, quick fuel carb, MSD distributer and ignition. The 727 was built by Cope Racing Transmissions and stalls at 3800 rpm, the rear end is an 8 3/4 with 355 gears.
Suspension is mostly stock, all bushings are now poly and I run IAS shocks, lower control arms are boxed and the uppers are tubular. Leafs out back have an extra leaf and the torsion bars are supersized. The frame has hemi boxes in the corners to tie the rockers into the unibody and the frame connectors front to back.
The ignition and electrical is all under the dash including the coil, the only electrical up front is a relay box out of a 97 intrepid that powers all the accessories. Battery is in the trunk on a second relay.
The interior has all been redone to stock, radio delete plate in place and a radio in the glove box.
Everything was cleaned rebuilt and painted before it went back in, it was my first ever restoration

What can I tell you.....

The 440 is a .030 over stroker, ported aluminum heads, RMP intake, quick fuel carb, MSD distributer and ignition. The 727 was built by Cope Racing Transmissions and stalls at 3800 rpm, the rear end is an 8 3/4 with 355 gears.
Suspension is mostly stock, all bushings are now poly and I run IAS shocks, lower control arms are boxed and the uppers are tubular. Leafs out back have an extra leaf and the torsion bars are supersized. The frame has hemi boxes in the corners to tie the rockers into the unibody and the frame connectors front to back.
The ignition and electrical is all under the dash including the coil, the only electrical up front is a relay box out of a 97 intrepid that powers all the accessories. Battery is in the trunk on a second relay.
The interior has all been redone to stock, radio delete plate in place and a radio in the glove box.
Everything was cleaned rebuilt and painted before it went back in, it was my first ever restoration

What you listed certainly is not worded correctly. Not to be a stickler,[P but I know what is involved in restoring these Mopars. It is a crap-ton of research. Sounds to me like you did a sweet "restification" instead, which came out good too......

I'm not really a Gold Certificate guy, but I understand and know the great pains it takes to bring a car to that standard. Paint dabs and grease pencil markings alone will drive you batty. :D

I love it when they start talkin on Barrett Jackson, "this Mopar had a frame-off restoration....." :eek: really? :mad: How come the price don't reflect it then? LOL

Nice X.:cool:

Ken, wow, incredible car. For some reason MoPar guys cannot use the word "restoration" like others in our hobby. Be careful or you will get your calzones busted every time. Pookie is right however. I just finished a 1970 Superbee, mine is more of a drag car, but I tried to make it look "stock" to the casual observer. Mopar guys however, are not casual observers. If the negative battery cable isn't engine color the first 10" from the head, look out!

I love it when they start talkin' frame of restoration on these uni-bodied cars too 'cause price reflect it or not I haven't heard of too many people drillin' out all the spot welds that hold the frame members to the body.

Lets see some more pictures Ken!

Ken, wow, incredible car. For some reason MoPar guys cannot use the word "restoration" like others in our hobby. Be careful or you will get your calzones busted every time. Pookie is right however. I just finished a 1970 Superbee, mine is more of a drag car, but I tried to make it look "stock" to the casual observer. Mopar guys however, are not casual observers. If the negative battery cable isn't engine color the first 10" from the head, look out!

I love it when they start talkin' frame of restoration on these uni-bodied cars too 'cause price reflect it or not I haven't heard of too many people drillin' out all the spot welds that hold the frame members to the body.

Lets see some more pictures Ken!
:eek: Hey I hope my post didn't come off like I was knockin Ken on his sweet lookin X....:eek:

I guess y-all can tell an admitted hardcore Mopar junkie:D

And I concurr with Clark, more pics- engine bay.....:D

Nice. I bought a new GTX back in 1968 and loved it but stupidly sold it. Wish I had it now. You don't see many around anymore. [cl

Pookie I didn't mean anything offensive or defensive. You where right and I just know there will be others jumpin' on him if he uses the "restoration" word.

BTW Ken that was a really good move building the rotisery. I wasn't a talanted enough fabricator 15 years ago when I started on mine. (yeah 15 years, please don't ask).

I spent 7 years building it in my 22x20 garage. Built my own rotisserie and did everything but spay it myself. It was in rough shape with no interior when I got it, 3 coats of paint of which the topcooat was flat black.

DSCF2110.jpg

MVC-005F.jpg

Very nice Mopar, I've been working on my 66 Charger for a good 6 years.
Sure is a lot of work. not like when I built hotrods.

Latest posts

Back