Hi, my name is...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

440shorty

"440shorty" on the internet, partly because my given name is way too common.

Thank rustywrench for turning me on to this site. We share a shop and build hot rods in our spare time. This site seems to be where I just might fit in, since I seem to move to the beat of a different drum anyway.

My first "real" hot rod, which I'd define as a car that not only was old enough, but had also been substantially modified from its original form. That would be my namesake, a '73 Satellite wagon that we (myself and a fabricator friend) shortened 21" to make a two-door. It was dressed as a '71, was 440 Chrysler powered, and finished with a full interior and a quicky paint job. I drove it for two years, raced it one season, and then took it back apart again. It is still in pieces.

Drivers_Side1.jpg

My second hot rod was a sleeper - modern rat, if you will (you might not!):

002-copy.jpg

1981 Delta 88 with over 500,000 miles on it. We swapped in a 455 Olds/200-4R/8.5 3.73 posi driveline that was good for 14 flat @ 99 mph at the drags, 140 mph on the open road (yikes!) and about 18 mpg at a 70 mph cruise with the a/c on freeze. The engine was fully dressed with emissions stuff. Eventually the body broke at the frame mounts, and it was retired. R.I.P. 2005.

My third was a 1980 Volaré wagon, which got a lot of Shorty's pieces & parts.
Sold it last week.

brownA00026-copy.jpg

Current projects I'll post in the appropriate forum.

Although I don't have an OLD project, I tend to build what otherwise might meet the definition of a rat rod, and I don't mean red wheels and a Mexican blanket over the seat, either.

Thanks for this forum!

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum... glad u found us! Love those wagons! Lots of great people here so feel free to join rat in!

BoB

Welcome aboard 440 Shorty,
I remember you from Killbillet. (its OK, you can say it over here, we arn't that uptite)
I remember seeing those pics when you posted them over there. First post and already postin pics, I think you will be OK around here.
Welcome to RRR...

Latest posts

Back