66 Ventura

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdsdjservices

Ok it might not be Muscle But its My pride and joy.
1966 Pontiac Ventura
389 2 barel (curantly)
4 speed
Buckets with console
everything except wheals, hiden radio, & new paint is original to the car.
The moter is do to be freshined up and will receve a tri power or dual quad set up when rebuilt. I have both set ups in the garage just not sure which way I want the build to go.

IMG_0008.jpg

Nice! Particularly like the skirts. Can't say I quite like the rims, I like the painted to match part, I just never liked that style. But as we say here: It's your ride...

Nice! Particularly like the skirts. Can't say I quite like the rims, I like the painted to match part, I just never liked that style. But as we say here: It's your ride...

Thanks Sam. For the record Im not a big fan of the wheals myself but untill I find somthing that I like that will fit with the skirts these will have to do.:mad:

The bolt patern is the same as a chevy truck 5 on 5 but the offset is like a front wheal drive car. I have found that a jeep cherokie rim will fit but you have to boar out the pilot hole. the pontiac has a large center. Anyway I had these laying around and they worked.

Way cool, that front end looks awesome. Hows the interior?

Thanks the interior is pretty good I had to recover the buckets and put new carpet in it but everything else is original. I did do a couple custom touches though. Here is one of the seat backs. Its all powder Coat.
SeatBack.jpg

The engine is a '08 LS Gen 3. A cam swap was made along with a few other ods and ends to make everything come together. We then painted it the corect 66 pontiac engine metalic blue so it would look "stock" :rolleyes: lol. My goal is to ge a little over 400hp but the guy that is going to tune it thinks we might end up in the high 400 range with the mods that have been done. We were able to keep the factory 4 speed and as long as it holds up im sticking with it. If it does go I will probably upgrade to a TKO 5 or 6 speed for a little better low end and highway gearing.

Latest posts

Back