67 dodge dart (wild big block)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right on man. i kinda wish i just went with the flat black paint and just got to killin the tires. the engine is a 383 based 431 stroker. eagle h beam rods. ross 12:1 pistons. solid flat tappet cam. 545 lift and 292 duration. mopar m1 intake with proform 850 double pumper. edelbrock heads with cnc port work from indy. 2 in. under chassis headers. 727 torque flight tranny with chettah reverse manual valve body. 4500 stall dynamic converter. alum drive line with 4.10 rear gear and detroit locker. sittin on 17x11 rear wheels with 345 40 17 dot drag radials. hoping the combo puts me into the low 11s or high 10s on pump gas and full street trim. if not then gonna hit it with a 250 shot of nitrous (not "nos", its not a damn rice rocket) and get her into the low 10s or high 9s.

Ahell of a lot wilder than my combo and I was pullin high 12's with street tires and full exhaust.........I planned on painting it but never got around to it........You have a very beautiful car....love the sublime

It's going to be pretty wild alright....especially since it doesn't appear to have any rear brakes! The least you could have done is show the motor and start it up. Might just have a slant 6 in it for all I know.....[P

ok guys. here are some pics of the "slant 6", the rear suspension, and some of my fab work. let me know what you guys think.

newdownload070.jpg

newdownload018.jpg

newdownload012.jpg

newbies010.jpg

newbies014.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

DSCI0284-1.jpg

Lovin the slant 6........lol................and the "pistol grip" is sweet................your mini tubs are definitely better executed than mine were
Never seen that rear spring setup before.....I've seen the caltracs but not the springs

the fenders are the same color as the rest of the car. i think its the shadows from the garage that make them look different. the color is pretty reactive to light. that and the color comes out kinda funky on my digital camera.

love the car but don't pefer the wheels, i guess i'm stuck in the 70's i still like 15's.

I know exactly what your saying man. I had crager ss mags on it for a long time before i redid the car. when i first started the project the car was going to be a corner carver but then i decided to go big block and the drag radails went on the back. you gotta give me a little credit though. i didnt go with a "ricer" wheel and rubber band tires. My personal opinion is that the wheels are a pretty good blend of old school looks with the performance of modern size tires. I also think that the big wheels and tires makes the car look smaller.

Have to agree the wheels are awesome!! The only thing I would change is I am not much for bright colors. If I could I would own nothing but black cars...... Although my rat doesn't quite fit that so I guess.......... Hell I don't know. Anyway bad ass car man there is one down the road from me for sale with a 440 for $3400 but needs a lot of work. I would love to have one one day but doubt I ever will. My next one will be a 49 merc. So one more thing though...... Where is your burn out video??

the car isnt done yet. its been apart since 2003. did a nut and bolt resto/mod on it. I have been thru the ringer financially in the past 10 yrs. Im only 28yrs old and have had this car since i was 17. I bought my first house when i was 20 and my second when i was 23. then i got laid off and had to do a short sale on one of the houses and lost my ass. i have slowly been getting things back together....... here is the car that got me hooked when i was a kid. this is the car me and my dad built back when i was still a kid. its a 71 dodge demon with a 451 stroker and goes 10.40-10.60 in full street trim.

and here are a few pics of the car when i first got it
sliders024.jpg

and here is the small block 360 i built and put in when i was 17.
sliders023.jpg

and the burn out pic you asked for...... this was back when i had the small block and before the resto. the car went a best of 13.40 at 103mph with the small block
sliders022.jpg

here is what it looked like back when it was my daily driver. tore of the white vinyl top and painted the roof black, cragers and fiberglass 6 pak hood. i loved that damn car.
sliders020.jpg

Very nice work. That car will be a blast. I think your performance goals are realistic considering what you've done so far. I have only one concern, and I hope you don't think I'm nit-picking because your work is very impressive. It's the fan shroud, I think it's too close to the radiator to allow the air to flow through it. Wish I could go with you for that first blast off. Good luck with it!

Very nice! The only thing I'll nitpick is the tires. With those tires you're leaving yourself open to bad track prep or conditions. If you want to "for sure" hook every time, I think you'd be better off with a tire with more side wall. It will barely lower your speed but will improve your ET. If you want to stay with a DOT tire the Hoosier QTP is hard to beat. Or, maybe you run on better tracks than I do and don't have to worry so much about track prep. Good luck, Bill.:)

Latest posts

Back