My '65 Chevy Biscayne

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
I was perusing collectorcartraderonline.com and saw an original 1965 Chevy Biscayne with the Drag Pack option. I was hooked and had to have one but it was $75K. At the same time, I saw a '65 Chevy Biscayne for sale in San Diego. I took a trailer and went to look at it. It had a 283 and a 3 speed. The car had been painted but the interior was thrashed. The owner had added power steering and power brakes. There was some rust behind the wheelwells, but all in all, it was in very good condition, no doubt because it had been garage stored. The guy has kids account of the condition of the interior. I loaded her up and took her home.

I was going to just cruise it for a while until one day, I opened the hood and realized I could fit a very big engine. Now the fun began. I ordered a 500 hp 454 from Speedomotive.com but went up one size on the cam. I bought a 4 speed from a local rodder and Classic Chevy had a sale for a disc brake conversion. Installed the 454, 4 speed and disc brakes. Drove her for a while but with 3:08 gears, it wasn't cutting it. Ordered the Hotckis Suspension and a Richmond 6 speed. After the install, I drove her for a while and decided the 3:08's had to go. Installed a 3:42 with a posi. DONE.......or so I thought.

Rechomed the bumpers, fixed what rust there was, color matched and buffed the car out. It looked so good, I had to install and new interior.

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

Thanks. The suspension made the world of difference. Funny, I was taking my wife out to breakfast. I came to a stop at a stop sign. My wife asked how far it was to the next stop sign. I said about a 1/4 mile. She said, "HIT IT!". I went through first, second and third before I came to my senses. I told her I can't be doing that in our own neighborhood. She smile and said, "I love that sound!". I got a good wife.........[cl

Thanks. The suspension made the world of difference. Funny, I was taking my wife out to breakfast. I came to a stop at a stop sign. My wife asked how far it was to the next stop sign. I said about a 1/4 mile. She said, "HIT IT!". I went through first, second and third before I came to my senses. I told her I can't be doing that in our own neighborhood. She smile and said, "I love that sound!". I got a good wife.........[cl

LUCKY GUY!!!:D

My Dad had a '65 SS ragtop "once upon a time." You're a lucky guy with the car, too. That's a beaut!:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

Waaaay too nice for a Biscayne. Should have dog dish hub caps and plain jane bench seat interior with a rubber mat on the floor. Real sleeper, ya know.Just kidding. Very nice.

I wish I still had the 65 impala I had as a high schooler. The 327 sounded good, but the powerglide left a lot to be desired. You have a nice ride and a great wife who appreciates it!

Latest posts

Back