New Guy From NC

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

Hello...

Just found this place today..
I'm thinking of building my first Rat.

I found this 47 Dodge truck that I am thinking of buying for the cab

47WF32.jpg

and making it into something along these lines..

rattruck.jpg

Anyone else start with a large truck?

I wonder if there is a market for the nose off the truck as I will not be using it..

I'll know more this weekend.
The price is right, but it was an unscheduled stop so the guy didn't have the key to the gate.. so I want a better look at it

me and my buddy chopped a large international truck cab and made a rat out of it it turned out real cool.Some peaple cut off the bottom of them to shortin them up.

They are great platform, and I really like the old Dodges. That one would also make a good full fendered rat. But if not, yes, there is a market. Ebay and swap meets, might get you what you want.
Welcome to the site, and I see you have mastered putting in pictures, which was the hardest part. It is all downhill from here.
Now, keep us posted, and just what is the Dodge truck market $? these days?

They are great platform, and I really like the old Dodges. That one would also make a good full fendered rat. But if not, yes, there is a market. Ebay and swap meets, might get you what you want.
Welcome to the site, and I see you have mastered putting in pictures, which was the hardest part. It is all downhill from here.
Now, keep us posted, and just what is the Dodge truck market $? these days?

Thanks..

I can pick that one up for $500..

I hope to use the cab and sell the rest to try to recoup some of the money

Yep, the price IS right. It seems to be different across the U.S., here you are looking at $6-800.00 But there are guys asking $1500 for the same truck.

Welcome!!!

Blue,
Welcome to the forum & I would definitely get that beautiful truck. This is just me but I wouldn't ditch that front end! I think those are the most beautiful front ends on any truck made... more like sculpture really!!! Good luck pickin' it up & keep us up to date on u're progress!!!

BoB

Attachments

• '41dodge.jpg
    '41dodge.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Ck this one!!!

Blue, This is a Ford but is a really kool look! Yours would look really kool done like this! It's one of my fav's... ck it!!!

BoB

Attachments

• greenhornet.jpeg
    greenhornet.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
Welcome to RRR Blue. I wouldn't even call that Dodge a large truck. It's similar in structure to the other late 30's and 40's era trucks, and a popular starting point. I think it would make a nice project for ya.

Welcome to RRR

Blue,
Welcome to RRR. I loce those big Dodge's. That will make a killer ride. Great find at a killer price! Wish I could find something like that!

BF

Welcome to RRR...

I just love trucks.....Nobody saw that commin did they?

Completely blind-sided by that one :p:p

Welcome, Blue. That Dodge will make a good project In whatever style you decide on. Now, maybe you can get someone to adopt that poor AD pu next to it. It'll sure get lonely once the Dodge is gone. Oh yeah, AD's make nice projects, too.

Welcome to the forum. I have a '39 Dodge that I am going to finish up now that my T is almost done. The '39 has the same cab as the '47. Here are a couple of shots of mine where I left off.

Don

Attachments

• dodge more work on front end and bed 008.jpg
    dodge more work on front end and bed 008.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 12
  • dodge good front view after chop 2.jpg
    dodge good front view after chop 2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 8
  • dodge good front view after chop.jpg
    dodge good front view after chop.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 7
  • dodge good rear view after chop.jpg
    dodge good rear view after chop.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to the forum. I have a '39 Dodge that I am going to finish up now that my T is almost done. The '39 has the same cab as the '47. Here are a couple of shots of mine where I left off.

Don

I saw your thread on that one last night..
I'll be following your measurements on my chop..
I like how that one sits :D

I see a tape line around the bottom of the cab in the 1st picture..
did you trim off the bottom?

Latest posts

Back