Another Desoto fan lurking about!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best way to introduce myself is to say I love old cars and the more unusual the better! Here are my full size cars.
girls1.jpg

They are a pair of Australian built Utility coupes (UTEs) both built in 1956. The Desoto is my keeper since it is one of only 275 made and the only one currently known in the USA. The Plymouth has been a nice driver for the last three years since I imported them but it is for sale so I can build the Desoto. It is one of 505 made and is one of three in the states. ANd before you ask yes it will fit a hemi. yes they are right hand drive (only made in OZ) and yes they are based on the 1954 American Plymouth sedan but made in 1956 in Australia. You can leran more about them on my website www.roadkillontheweb.com

I also am into powered promotional cars! I own a 1958 Desoto Firemite like this but not in that great of shape yet.
mite21.jpg

I also own and I am working on a 1961 Thunderbird JR
61thunderbird1.jpg

Along with three of the original factory body molds from the powercar company.
1957 Thunderbird JR
1957 Thunderbird Jr reproduction body

1958-60 Thunderbird JR
1958-60 Tbird JR body and bumpers

And the 1965-66 Mutang JR
1965-66 Reproduction Mustang JR body and bumpers

I was looking for a Desoto Firemite for 20 years before I finally found one! I did find a gas powered 1967 Mustang JR several years ago and bought it and started making parts for Junior car out of necessity sonce no one else was makng them.
If you want more info on Junior cars go to my website! www.jrcentral.com or check out my Youtube videos! MY Youtube Homepage

Welcome to RRR roadkillontheweb. I've seen your collection of cool stuff on another forum before. Very neat. Thanks for sharing on this forum.

I'm an Aussie Ute owner also. I have an Anglia Ute, pretty rare also.

Welcome. Love the little ones, they're cool.:D
Where do you find them?
What do they cost?

Where do you find them? In basements, attics, garages, out in the woods! They are very rare but they do turn up on occassion but most of the time they sell privately sometimes they find their way on ebay.

what do they cost?
I have seen them sell from a couple hundred through $15K depending on the model condition and rarity. I sell the bodies for the three if you can build frames? go to the resourses page of my website here

Did you check out the youtube videos?
this one explains why they are so rare!
1966 Thunderbird JR being driven

Welcome rkotw. Gotta check out your site. Lke those ute's .

The UTEs are a lot of fun here in middle America! They get a lot of long time car collectors scratching their heads as very few people have ever seen one before and those that have seen UTE have normally seen Ford or Chevy versions.

The hardest part about driving them is getting in the right side!

Latest posts

Back