Reno Nevadian

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorpedo9284

alright so i am a complete rat rod fanatic. always been into cars but rat rods are the ****. cut it, weld it, and build it the way you want, true maverick mechanic style.:D
im 19 and i just got my second job so i can start putting away for my new project. im looking at doing a late 20's model a tudor sedan. goal is to keep it under 8 grand and build the scariest rod there is. its sorta the keeper of the catacombs if you will. chains, barbed wire, rebar, anything to give a little kid nightmares lol. if you have any ideas or suggestions im open and really would like to hear what you think.

some of my ideas.
wraping hoses in chains
putting barbed wire around the radiator and other parts of the car
rebar accross the back window to make it look like a jail cell
hang lanters with tinted red glass for rear tail lights
mount two crossed axes or sicles on the back
chicken wire windows. (ya i know jesse james already did it)

I like the fun stuff too. The key is to make it a really safe and well built ride, then make it scary looking on the outside. Sounds like you are ready to have some fun.
Welcome.

Very cool ideas you got there.
I was already trying to figure out how to make my truck look like a "cell" on the inside. Let us know what other ideas you come up with.

Welcome to RRR

those all sound like great ideas, i agree with bonehead though, the last thing you want is to get rear-ended by some yahoo and end up with an axe up your rear and barb wire tangled around your neck. Take your time figuring out how to make it scary looking but not a death trap.

I have to admit, the chain around the hoses is a really good idea, i just may steel that one. Sounds like it would allow you to spruce up those boring ol radiator hoses but not use billet flex hoses.

ya i hear ya i do want it to be safe. its good to know some of my ideas are going to good use already. if i was able to achieve a big enough piece of chain male id prolly cover the fire wall with that. my only issue with frame and chassis work is that im limited to just my little 110 lincoln flux welder. any suggestions there or am i just going to have to find someone near by to weld up my stuff for me.

Welcome to RRR. Sounds like you know what you want to do. Tho safety is the #1 priority. Then you can add those scary touches. As for your welder,,you didn't mention the amperage rating of you Lincoln. I have a 110V 140A Lincold & the only thing that I didn't weld on my wifes truck was the crossmember for the front end.

its a pro core 100 i dont think if i cranked that thing all the way up it would be enough to do 1/4 frame steel or suspension. im just gunna do a small block chevy with a prolly a 5 speed manuel tranny

Welcome to RRR!

Thorpedo,
Welcome to RRR, a cool place to hang out!

ISore

Latest posts

Back