Oldest boys '68 mustang

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUCKY DEVIL 13

Greasy Gearhead
Bought this for the oldest boy 2 yrs ago because he was doing so good in school and holding 2 jobs at 16!!!! He is workin on replacing the bad sheetmetal now in june the plan is to cut the old 1/4's off and get the new ones on as well as the floor pans and torque boxes and get it in primer for now

It has a '69 351W and disc brakes from a '69 cougar as well and the little car gets up and moves!!!

Attachments

• DSC06271.jpg
    DSC06271.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC06272.jpg
    DSC06272.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC06273.jpg
    DSC06273.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC06274.jpg
    DSC06274.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC06275.jpg
    DSC06275.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC06276.jpg
    DSC06276.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC06277.jpg
    DSC06277.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC06278.jpg
    DSC06278.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC06279.jpg
    DSC06279.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC06280.jpg
    DSC06280.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 27
Great car and it sounds like your Son deserves it. :) We had a 68 coupe like yours that my ex wife bought brand new off the trailer in 68. It was a nice little 289 C4 car, but then I got my hands on it. :eek: Installed a 1970 quench chambered 351 Cleveland with some mods, top loader four speed, and 9 inch nodular rear with 4.88's. It finally became too radical for the street so we trailered it to the drags.

She never quite forgave me for ruining her nice little Mustang and for the fact she couldn't push the clutch down any more. :D:D

Don

Cool car that would look great in black primer! :D

ISore

Yeah that is prolly what it is gonna be for now is some satin black as he is going off to AIT this summer for the army

Great car and it sounds like your Son deserves it. :) We had a 68 coupe like yours that my ex wife bought brand new off the trailer in 68. It was a nice little 289 C4 car, but then I got my hands on it. :eek: Installed a 1970 quench chambered 351 Cleveland with some mods, top loader four speed, and 9 inch nodular rear with 4.88's. It finally became too radical for the street so we trailered it to the drags.

She never quite forgave me for ruining her nice little Mustang and for the fact she couldn't push the clutch down any more. :D:D

Don

Yeah he was really going down a bad road and then my dad and myself had a talk with him and he did a complete 180 and got on the A honor roll at school busted his ass at both his jobs and saves his money like scrooge!! So this was a really cool way to say "Hey I am proud of you" and he is still doing great!! He is a very resposible and hard working young man and very goal oriented as well!!!

I can only imagine how mad your wife got LOL!!!

I had a 68 too.Had 289 with tunnel ram.I thought I had the toughest car around.:cool:

I am really not a ford guy or mustang guy but he really likes the car and as long as he does and wants to fix it up and make it his own I am there ready and willing to help him out with that :)

You must be very proud of your boy to turn himself around like that. It's easy to be a bully, a slacker, or a partier. To get good grades, hold two jobs and maintain a sweet old car like that takes a real man. Congratulations to you for raising one.

You must be very proud of your boy to turn himself around like that. It's easy to be a bully, a slacker, or a partier. To get good grades, hold two jobs and maintain a sweet old car like that takes a real man. Congratulations to you for raising one.

Yes I am very proud of him :) He is going to be a great man!!! He is off to college this fall he is going for wind energy somethin er other LOL it has to do with those big wind generators

Wind generation of electric power is definitely an up and coming thing. I just listened to a program on the radio about it and it is a pretty fascinating field. Some of the generators are HUGE and put out a bunch of power.

Good for him.

Don

Latest posts

Back