what clip would you use?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patina

I am kinda working a deal on another project. Looking to build a small simple truck and in the future have a tear drop trailer. I am kinda looking at some older f1/f100's. I was wondering what clip would you use and why in a 48 ford p/u.

I have a nice set of wheels in small bolt ford pattern but im not oppsed to keeping that bolt pattern.

Plan is to have something for highway and around town with a stock sbc.

I use 70-81 camaro/firebird...... 75-9 nova/apolo/omega clips..... My 66 ford Krew Kab has a 76 firbirdlip.... Wife's 65 ford pu has a 75 camaro clip and my sons 49 f-1 has a 74 camaro clip....... I use them because they are cheap to rebuild, easy fit and drive Great...

Jim

Mustang II crossmember..cheap and simple plus rack and pinion steering

What he said ^^^ They work and you can configure them just about any way you want. If you do some research you can find a lot of info to even build the cross member yourself. I have some links if you are interested.

I've heard that the newer Crown Vics are easy swaps, the crossmember bolts in, just minor boxing of the front rails. Ive seen them on 50's and 60's trucks but I'm not sure about your 48.

80"s plymouth volare, transvers tortion bar, adjustable ride hieght, disc brakes, power steering and the same bolt pattern. It all drops out with four bolts, one piece. mount solid or rubberize it.?
Put one in a 56 F100 and a 69 F100 both worked great.[P

I put a '68 Camaro in my '53 Chevy PU. It works really well but if I were building it again I wouldn't use a clip; I would go with a dropped axle.

If I wanted independent front suspension I'd go with a MII kit.

Attachments

• 100_1984.jpg
    100_1984.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 5
I put a '68 Camaro in my '53 Chevy PU. It works really well but if I were building it again I wouldn't use a clip; I would go with a dropped axle.

If I wanted independent front suspension I'd go with a MII kit.

Klink, that is one sweet looking truck[cl

Latest posts

Back