69 Super Bee Speedshop car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austinbbmopar

My ratty Super Bee is an unrestored... and it shows driver car. Has a 383/auto Balanced, aluminum big valve heads, and 10:1 compression. It is a pleasure to drive and was alot cheaper than a frame off restoration that would blend in w/ the pack at the Mopar shows. Hope i get the Rat Rodders stamp of approval on this car as i painted the logo on to look like a Speed Shop Promo car of the mid 70s all the stickers are no newer than 1976. Wheels and slapper bars were picked out in hopes it would really look like it was parked and left untouched since the late 70s.

More Photos

http://rides.moparmusclemagazine.com/ride/1210456/satellite12/1969/dodge/coronet/

Attachments

• downsized_0811021017.jpg
    downsized_0811021017.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 186
More pics... where i found it included, she was sinking in the ground!

Attachments

• resized but big.jpg
    resized but big.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_0711.jpg
    100_0711.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 129
  • engine resized.jpg
    engine resized.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Griggs Speed and Machine.jpg
    Griggs Speed and Machine.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 102
Way to save her! I hate to see these cars waisting away because someone is going to "get around to her someday". Not that I don't have a project or two :).

I agree with keeping it a survivor. I walk right past the restored cars at all the car shows. I can see a restored car at any car show so there's nothing NEW for me to see......I've already seen one before. Cars like yours are interesting!

Nice job!

Thanks for the kind words. The car was very well received at the Mopar Nationals last year in Ohio. I got alot of positive reactions from people about it..... However i did get some negative from some of the number crunching Mopar guys.... It is a real Bee and some folks felt i should restore it. I say "Yea..... or i could just drive it!"

Thanks for the kind words. The car was very well received at the Mopar Nationals last year in Ohio. I got alot of positive reactions from people about it..... However i did get some negative from some of the number crunching Mopar guys.... It is a real Bee and some folks felt i should restore it. I say "Yea..... or i could just drive it!"

Good for you. Get out there and enjoy it!!:cool::cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

For the "restore it" guys, show them the pic of it rotting into the ground and tell them 'I brought it back this far, the next guy can finish restoring it. I'm just gonna drive it awhile.'

I think it is a nice piece; people really like to criticize when they have no idea or they are to lazy to take care of their own projects.

Enjoy the ride! It's a beauty what you got there!

Im following that page- Mike Ederer /Ederer's Contracting Inc ECI

I'm working on a 69 Fairlane 500 Fastback right now. My idea is to make it look as though it is from the early 70's . Just plain wheels, using single stage paint, and no tv's or fancy crap that pops out of the dash. I did install a 429 big block in her. But, she is only gonna be around 400 hp , and just a cruiser for the weekend. Nice car you got there. Don't change a thing.

Got a chance to run with the Roadkill guys! Be sure to check out my Super Bee in Hotrod magazine on newsstands now!

Attachments

• Roadkill and My Super Bee.jpg
    Roadkill and My Super Bee.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back