My Son's Capri.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

My Son Don has been building an 84 Capri for the past several months. This car has been in the family since 98.....he owned it for a while, then I bought it from him, then he bought it back, and then he sold it to another guy who owned it for a few years. One day he saw it for sale on Craigslist and bought it back, and he says it will never get away from him again. :)

It is going to be 460 powered, with a D and D coilover front end and a 9 inch rear. For the past couple of months he and his Brother have been installing a 10 point cage and a couple of Kirkey seats. They only worked on it on the one night a week Don has off from playing, that is why it took so long. But it turned out great and should be certified to 7.50 seconds in the quarter.

He put in swing out bars because the car will be mostly street driven and only occasionally strip raced. Here are some pictures of when they got the cage and seats done.

Don

ebaystuff033.jpg

ebaystuff034.jpg

ebaystuff032.jpg

That things gonna haul! I had the chance to buy one of those a few years ago but passed. Think about it from time to time and kick myself for passing.

Latest posts

Back