New guy intro

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groucho

Banned
OK, where to start. I'm 52 on the outside, and 25 on the inside. Started with slot cars/models at 8 yrs old, all the magazines i could find, moved here to Socal in 69 when i was 14, and it was the bomb. THIS was THEE place to be. Muscle cars everywhere, straight axle cars running daily errands, etc. Got deep into "real" street racing in the 70's and 80's and swear that was the best time of my life. I don't hang with anyone from high school, but my best friends are from my street racing days. PS- the crap they do today AIN'T street racing. It's vehicular stupidity, and i will be forever in your debt not to associate it with what we did then. It was very organized and SAFE. Anyway, as a result, Big Willie made me a Street Racer. The best car club on the planet. Here's some of my junk. Also, there's a guy on here with my old 51 Ford Altered Wheelbase, 421 Pontiac powered car. I use profanity here and there. Hey, it's how i express myelf. I mean no disrespect, but we're Hot Rod guys, not knitting class, right? I didn't last 23 hours on another site because of it. Also, ive been on the HAMB (a pretty good site) for 4 years

dsc00224dr8.jpg

dsc00293ey5.jpg

Last edited:
Groucho,
I remember you from Killbillet. That situation got out of hand real quick over there. If you will take a moment to look over the members list, You should recognize a bunch of usernames.(Mine included)...We will respectfully ask kindly that you curb your apetite for foul language here on RRR. It is not that big of a deal since we have the profanity filter operational.

The next restectfull request is not to go flameing out another member. (It's just childish mainly)

I will say it now like I said it on Killbillet.
You have some beautiful rides and remarkable talent. I would love to pick your brain for some knowledge. I realize that you have forgot about as much as i know.

Please keep it clean...Look forward to learning from you....

CRAP! Er, I mean, it may have been a different Groucho? Just playin'
Groucho,
I remember you from Killbillet. That situation got out of hand real quick over there. If you will take a moment to look over the members list, You should recognize a bunch of usernames.(Mine included)...We will respectfully ask kindly that you curb your apetite for foul language here on RRR. It is not that big of a deal since we have the profanity filter operational.

The next restectfull request is not to go flameing out another member. (It's just childish mainly)

I will say it now like I said it on Killbillet.
You have some beautiful rides and remarkable talent. I would love to pick your brain for some knowledge. I realize that you have forgot about as much as i know.

Please keep it clean...Look forward to learning from you....

You gonna try to hang around here for a while or what...

I can let it go and move on...Hope you can too(Really mean that)

It has been a while, check out the thread titled "Dark Sarcasm" so you can see updates on my "Holy terror street truck"...tell me what you think...

Welcome to RRR Groucho,

Those are some sweet rides.Love the slot cars my Dad,little bro and I raced um many moons ago here in spokane.I still have most of them,Here's a simple drag car I built.

Attachments

• DSCF0365.JPG
    DSCF0365.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF0366.JPG
    DSCF0366.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 7
Yes, and i'll go look for the thread now. Found it. Cool. Looks like a huge job man. Now, I'm not flamin' ya. So don't take it the wrong way. BUT, what's with the bright pink pants with the criss cross white lines in the instrument photo?

You gonna try to hang around here for a while or what...

I can let it go and move on...Hope you can too(Really mean that)

It has been a while, check out the thread titled "Dark Sarcasm" so you can see updates on my "Holy terror street truck"...tell me what you think...

Last edited:
It was almost night time and I already had my jammies on..They only look pink, it was crimson plad like "The Bear" used to wear...

Just went back and looked, they do look pink.... but they are crimson, I promise ya..

PJ's?!?!

It was almost night time and I already had my jammies on..They only look pink, it was crimson plad like "The Bear" used to wear...

Just went back and looked, they do look pink.... but they are crimson, I promise ya..

Flat,
Didn't realize u used u're PJ's to cover those seats!!! ; - >

Groucho,
Welcome! Lots of the same old guys here! You'll notice it's the kool & nice ones though!!!

BoB

Hey John, can you scan that street race photo and post it? It's so classic, 41' Willys against a Camaro Z28 in the dead of night on a city street. Also check out www.gassermadness.com under for sale. Real cool red 55' Chevy, straight axle with whitewall cheater slicks.

Last edited:
My favorite car of his was a "Grumpy's Toy" Camaro that he built. That car was awesome and really quick. It was street driven too. There was also a Corvette that made the mags, drove to the track, ran 11's, then drove home.

Hi Groucho. I'm one of the guys who took exception to some of the events at KB, but I think we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, at least I hope so.

I lurk on the HAMB, and from that I know you to be one of the more respected and knowledgable guys over there. I've read lots of your posts, and you've evidently been around the block a few times and know your stuff. The other members there think a lot of you, it is obvious. So I know you could contribute a lot to any forum you join.

To give you some history on this forum, we broke off from KB because we didn't care for some of the things we saw happening and what we felt were going to happen down the road. Bob (daytripper) started this forum with his own money and two hands to give rodders a place where they could enjoy gabbing about all things car related. He built it on several principles, two of which are no foul language, and no flaming or criticizing others who may share a different viewpoint. It is that simple, and it has worked well so far.

I only mention this info because I sense that you like to stir the pot sometimes just for giggles. Some people may see this forum as a little bland, but that is the way we like it here. I'm like flatbroke, I am willing to let bygones be bygones. But I also know tripper is a very watchful administrator, and has no qualms about pushing the ban button if need be. We are all adults here, and only ask that everyone conduct themselves as such.

Welcome to the forum.

Don

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more about the flake paint job, or the entire car. It really looks great. Nailed the '60's look perfectly, right down to the Raders.

Super nice car, as is the Vette.

Don

New Groucho!

Groucho,
Welcome to the forum & hope you can contribute! Humm... name sounds familiar! You must be the "New Groucho" because the old Groucho would certainly be a candidate for our famed "Vaporizer"! ;););)

Rat Rod Mod

Let's see if i can last longer than the 23 hours on killbillet. I notice a LOT of areas to post stuff. I'm wondering if there's maybe too many, and some folks might miss info they need by not navigating all areas? Just a thought. This board seems young(?) and might benefit with a lesser assortment until outgrowing some of them? Just a thought. I hope that came out right
Hi Groucho. I'm one of the guys who took exception to some of the events at KB, but I think we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, at least I hope so.

I lurk on the HAMB, and from that I know you to be one of the more respected and knowledgable guys over there. I've read lots of your posts, and you've evidently been around the block a few times and know your stuff. The other members there think a lot of you, it is obvious. So I know you could contribute a lot to any forum you join.

To give you some history on this forum, we broke off from KB because we didn't care for some of the things we saw happening and what we felt were going to happen down the road. Bob (daytripper) started this forum with his own money and two hands to give rodders a place where they could enjoy gabbing about all things car related. He built it on several principles, two of which are no foul language, and no flaming or criticizing others who may share a different viewpoint. It is that simple, and it has worked well so far.

I only mention this info because I sense that you like to stir the pot sometimes just for giggles. Some people may see this forum as a little bland, but that is the way we like it here. I'm like flatbroke, I am willing to let bygones be bygones. But I also know tripper is a very watchful administrator, and has no qualms about pushing the ban button if need be. We are all adults here, and only ask that everyone conduct themselves as such.

Welcome to the forum.

Don

Welcome................
This should be interesting.

BTW, love the metal flake you put on the car.

Groucho,
Welcome to the forum & hope you can contribute! Humm... name sounds familiar! You must be the "New Groucho" because the old Groucho would certainly be a candidate for our famed "Vaporizer"! ;););)

Rat Rod Mod

Let's see if i can last longer than the 23 hours on killbillet. I notice a LOT of areas to post stuff. I'm wondering if there's maybe too many, and some folks might miss info they need by not navigating all areas? Just a thought. This board seems young(?) and might benefit with a lesser assortment until outgrowing some of them? Just a thought. I hope that came out right

Actually the simplest thing to do is click on the “New Posts” at the top of the page when you’re logged-in. That way you don’t miss anything.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back