Another New Old Guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Tut

Banned
My Rat Rod Brothers and Sisters, Im new to the Board, but have been into the Hot Rod scene for a long long time. Im 52 and have been a mechanic for the past 35 years. Was heavy into Street Racing in Chicago. As soon as my son and daughter get out of college, id like to build a 50 Merc, thats my dream rod. Keep up the good work with the Board. Im hooked.

...Bruno...

Hey Bruno, welcome. Yep, who doesn't like '50 Mercs? One of my favorites too.

What is the street, Woodward Ave., where you Chicago guys raced? Never did any street racing myself, it's illegal in most places.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Don

Hey Bruno, welcome. Yep, who doesn't like '50 Mercs? One of my favorites too.

What is the street, Woodward Ave., where you Chicago guys raced? Never did any street racing myself, it's illegal in most places.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Don

Don, Raced behind the old Chicago Amphitheater around 43rd Halstead. We used to call it-Back Of The Yards-because its where the stockyards were. And around South Harlem Ave at a drive-in called Dukes.

...Bruno...

Welcome!!!

Tut,
Welcome to the forum, lots of great guys here & glad u made it over! As always... these dogs r gonna wanna see some fotos!!! Make u're self @ home & join right in!!!

BoB

Welcome from another former Street Racer. This photo was given to us by "Groucho". It's a street race in the San Fernando Valley in the early 70's. Camaro is a 70' Z28 with a 396 and the 41' Willys has a 426 Wedge.
dsc00299rd9.jpg

Welcome..

Welcome, from an old f@rt too....I'll be 53 eek! in aug. Dang I remember 28 cent gas!.....grouchy

Welcome Tut, this is a great place to hang out.

Old farts ???? 56 in less than a week, and I remember 22 9/10 cent gas war prices, Grouchy....
I never have understood the purpose of the 9/10 cent on the price ????? '22

Latest posts

Back