My intro

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I wasn't here sooner, but I'm eager to get started looking around. I don't have much of an intro and really am new into cars myself. I'm just going to hang around, try and avoid any trouble and sponge up all that I can.

I currently have a 1954 chevy 210 2-door sedan. I'll be posting pics. I can't take credit for how it looks as it was all done by the previous owner. The only thing I've done to it is put a blanket in the back seat and plan on installing some fur on the dash( I blame it on Cheech and Chong's Up in smoke. I've been watching it since I can remember and always loved the fur)

I just moved into my new house with an oversized garage so I'll be making some changes and making her my own. My main concern however is getting her road worthy. I take her for small trips around town every so often. I'm always losing air though lol so some new tires are in order. She pulls hard to the left while breaking so I'm about to learn all about adjusting brakes. She squeals while making turns sometimes...and I don't mean while going 70 lol. Not sure what that is exactly. I just have lots to learn. And now I have a place to put it all into practice. Just as soon as I get off these crutches. I had some minor surgery done on my big toe.

I learned how to drive in my dad's 56 buick. Pink and white lol. I've always had a love for old cars. About a year or two into my marriage I had a 49 plymouth. I've had various other beasts in between.

Alice ( 54 chevy) however has my heart

I guess that's about it for now.

Sys

Hi there and welcome,There is plenty of info here.
As for you pulling problem it sounds like the right frt brake is either not operating or not adjusted properly,Could be a brake hose thats collapsed or a bad wheel cylinder too.

As for the squealing problem,sounds like it may have loose or a worn belt.
Does that car have power steering?

Hope this helps

Welcome to RRR Chaos, Hang around and don't be shy about asking questions and you'll get the bugs worked out of Alice in short order. It doesn't sound like anything major as 35Mastr stated. I would suggest working on one small problem at a time.

Welocme!

SC,
Welcome to the forum... make u're self @ home & don't b afraid to ask questions! I love early 50's Chev's so I'm lookin' forward to seein' what u got goin' on! Glad u could make it!!!

BoB

Welcome to this site. Sounds like you have a good jump on a project. 35 Mastr gave you some good advise. Also check your tires for the squealing. Low pressure or old tires will cause squeals. Tires are only good for about 5 years. Please post pics of your car and progress photos.

I love it when guys name their cars, but ever since I saw that move Christine......

Welcome to the site, and I agree that there is no such thing as an oversized garage.

Thanks for the welcome. It doesn't have power steering. I'm betting the squeaking was due to the low tires. Makes sense.

The movie Christine was a good one! Good point there lol as well as the oversized garage one heheh

P1010004-1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back