Dr Crankenstein's Drag Racing Adventures

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

I'm merely posting this for Bob W, to share some of the conversation surrounding drag racing that he and Dr Crankenstein (Kim/Vern) have had in the past that he wanted to share. Please see the attached photo.

(The blacked out part is his birth year, not my place to share that)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-19 084828.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-19 084828.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 100
Thank you so much for figuring out how to do this. I'll send you the installments weekly.

I do hope everyone enjoys Doc's. story.

Last edited:
I like his way of writing a lot. Thanks for posting. Too bad he`s not around to ad some live comments to this thread...

waiting for the next chapter .. seems Dr C and i grew not so young during similar times..
hope hes back soon .....

I'm also looking forward to the 'rest of the story'.
You know how I usually tell you guys about a really neat picture that I almost took. Well, here's another one. At a car show tonight, I saw a friends orange Model A that he used to race with, all over western Canada. I took a picture, then went around the back to get a picture of the BUCKSHY license plate that was on there, and that Dr. Crank also related to, through racing. I knew he'd want to see it. Steve, my friend is retiring from racing somewhat, so his little brother took over the license plate, and Steve has an ordinary, boring, legal one on the back now. So, I didn't take a picture of it, but it was close.

Attachments

• IMG_2887.jpg
    IMG_2887.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 29
Cool to read the story, Doc and I have talked lots about his experiences on the phone. We are about 10 years apart but grew up in similar cities and did the same stupid things in cars.:rolleyes:

Great story, thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to the next installment, and hoping to hear from the good Dr. as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-23 120654.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-23 120654.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 65
  • tvtommySIR.jpg
    tvtommySIR.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Richie's 38.jpg
    Richie's 38.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 23
  • scout8.jpg
    scout8.jpg