Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the good vibes, gang.
Home from the cardiologists. Roads were perfect.:D
NO A-fib.
What is happening is something called Bigeminy. (Google it).:D
The short version is that I'm having extra beats between the normal ones. So its a form of cardiac arrhythmia.
The extra beats occur when there is no blood in the chambers to pump so It causes the BP to drop. As far as I understand it.
They did some changes to the pace maker to compensate and I have a follow up next week.
In the mean time if I start to have any of the usual heart attack symptoms call 911 per usual.
That's all I know for now.
Thanks to all for standing by me during this latest adventure.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Continued positive thoughts and prayers Torchie.
I hope you can get some rest, recharge and get back to doing what keeps you juices flowing.

You're a good man, Torchie. You've given us a lot more than your custom car building knowledge.
You are the best friend I've never met.
Many of us can thank modern medicine for prolonging our lives. Hang in there buddy.

Thanks for all the kind words, all.❤️
Just going to take it easy for today.
Based on how I’m feeling now I suspect that this issue has been going on for about a month.
Now all I need is the temps to get a little warmer so I can get back into the shop.
Keeping on......
Torchie

Torchie, I want to underline what Pops said, Recharge, take the time to get your health back. And what Bob said, most of us can thank modern medicine for prolonging our lives. I'm one if those and so are you.
Get well soon.

Torchie, I want to underline what Pops said, Recharge, take the time to get your health back. And what Bob said, most of us can thank modern medicine for prolonging our lives. I'm one if those and so are you.
Get well soon.

No disputes with you on any of that Mac.
I am a walking miracle according to some of my Drs.:eek: And I am grateful for that every day.
I do have one on my medical team that reminds me from time to time that I'm well past my "Best used by" date. I love her the most.:eek: :p [ddd
But......
Torchie being Torchie.:eek:
A little shop time today. Feel good afterwards and my BP was Perfect. Not going to push it though.
Cleaned off the bottom edge of the trunk lid.
Made up a Marking guide so I could close the lid and get my lip edge where it needs to be bent.
Made up a template for the corner rounds using the donor trunk lid.
Marked everything.
Pulled out the cut off inner lid frame work as it needs to be trimmed back more. You can see it showing through the center hole in the lid.
Still need to do some trimming as this inner brace for the old trunk handle set up is in the way.
Pondering leaving the plate in it's stock location and doing a bit of frenching around the top and sides of it.
That's it for now.
Keep on keeping on......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-12.jpg
    2-12.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 20
I like the idea of leaving the plate in place, just in a deeper recess. Then, some well placed small led lights to light the plate without being noticeable in daylight.

A Lincoln style round pushbutton to open the trunk would also look right at home.

Remember, slow and easy old timer :eek:
Stay Well [cl

LOL. I don't have much else of a choice, soltz.[ddd

Looking good. Take your time and don't work more than your body tells you that you can. We need you around here. Who else is going to teach the youngins?
I think I am one of the youngins, kenny.:p

I like the idea of leaving the plate in place, just in a deeper recess. Then, some well placed small led lights to light the plate without being noticeable in daylight.

A Lincoln style round pushbutton to open the trunk would also look right at home.

Most likely I will do some round rod along both sides and the top to give it some depth. And also a bit of a flair out like the tail lights Bama.:cool:
I considered the Lincoln buttons for the door. The biggest thing is that all the handles(including the trunk) are still the older style turn down type. As compared to the later style handle with a push button.
I may go with a hidden cable release for the trunk lid. Still have to figure out mounting the latch system though.
And the stock handles on the doors. A lot depends on how smoothly I can get them to close and latch.
The plate light on the 49 was part of the unit that also had the handle and a 3rd brake light in it.
The 50 went to a small light that shown upward from the gravel pan.
Pic shows the 49. I have 2 of these now.:eek:
Torchie

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back