Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AS I looked at the pictures, I thought, "You really need to fix... oh, you did." Of course you did. Its perfect. Or will be soon enough. Looks great. [cl [cl [cl [cl

You are a custom car savant.[cl

Thanks all.:)
bob.*You left of the "idiot" part.:eek::D[ddd
Back under the car.:eek:
I've got it lifted as high as I can in my shop so I'm just able to get under it in a sitting position on a low mechanics stool.:eek: c[;)[;)
After more welding on the forward part of the inner rocker I moved back to the rear.
Cut out roached body mount . The picture of the mostly intact one is from the other side.:eek:
This must be a main mount as it's the only ones that are boxed. It sits right in front of the rear wheel opening.
Tacked in more new inner rocker. This will give me something strong and clean to build off of.
Doesn't seem like much progress but this took the better part of the afternoon.
Even on the short stool my knees and leg aren't really happy.:p
Thank for checking up on me...
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 31
Some of our hobby is not glamourous [ddd
[P[P[P

Wait, OI......
You mean it's not all like the car build shows on the idiot box. Now you tell me.:eek: :p [ddd
Today will be a organize the shop day. I'm aiming to pull the donor out of the shop on Sunday to give me more room,(To mess up.:D).
Torchie

Torchie, OI really burst my bubble, I was shooting for the glamour. Those guys on TV don't even get their coveralls dirty. My welding hat looks like yours, I don't remember what colour it used to be.
But,------ Keep on tinkering, Torchie.

Torchie, OI really burst my bubble, I was shooting for the glamour. Those guys on TV don't even get their coveralls dirty. My welding hat looks like yours, I don't remember what colour it used to be.
But,------ Keep on tinkering, Torchie.

Mac.
I don't have TV and haven't for over 25 years now.
We did upgrade our internet so I have been looking in on a couple of them.
LOL. What a crock of Manure. This is what I've learned so far.......
"We only have 2 weeks to build this car.":eek:
"I don't need this right now.(As the - - - - Leaks.)":p
" The auction is tomorrow" as they roll the car into the paint booth.:eek:
"We have been working too hard. We need a break. Lets go out and do something stupid."[cl
You get the idea.:rolleyes:
I didn't know I've been doing it wrong for the past 50 years.:eek:
That hat used to be red with a dragon on it.[;) [;) [;)
Torchie

haha that sums it al up :D
Whenever someone enters my shop, they always start with I ve seen this on the discovery channel and blah di blah.... have you seen this or that and more blah... :rolleyes: Me; Nope.
Most of those shows could ( and should ) be reduced to a before and after shot. There`s not much to learn in between.

I understand that they do all that crap for ratings.
When people ask me if I watch them my reply is always the same. Those shows are for people that have never built a car in their life.
Torchie

Torchie, I feel the same way about watching the TV version of 'reality'. You don't get to learn what you thought you would. I tried to watch 'Ice Road Truckers' a couple of times. Same problem. That show was for people that never trucked on ice roads. I spent my whole adult life learning how to 'not screw-up', -------- but that doesn't make good TV. It does make good business sense, though. I threw up a lot, watching 'Ice Road Truckers', not at the harsh conditions, but at the stupid, avoidable predicaments they got themselves into.
It turns out Torchie, that you don't have to watch TV to be a good builder, so carry on.

I threw up a lot, watching 'Ice Road Truckers', not at the harsh conditions, but at the stupid, avoidable predicaments they got themselves into.

Can you believe that crap has been on for 14 years?

I understand that they do all that crap for ratings.
When people ask me if I watch them my reply is always the same. Those shows are for people that have never built a car in their life.
Torchie

You got that right! [cl

OK.
Back to "The One legged Man" garage show.:p :D [cl [P
My version of a Pipe anvil[ddd
Filled in that gapping hole I created.
Also wrapped the end of the rockers.
I'm formulating a method for the floor bracing and Body mounts that don't require me to bend up 16 Gauge metal.
Maybe tomorrow as my one and only friend is coming over to help organize the shop a bit. Pulling out the donor car so I will have more work space.:cool::cool:
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 19
It's amazing how much you have gotten done. I agree on most of the reality car shows. There are a couple I like but there is a lot of content that has nothing in it.

It's amazing how much you have gotten done. I agree on most of the reality car shows. There are a couple I like but there is a lot of content that has nothing in it.

Thanks kenny!
I may have to take it a bit easier tomorrow.
The residual limb (Stump to you.:D) was really angry by the time I got finished. Had to take the leg off and spend a couple of hours just sitting.
Back to my techs for some tweaking I suspect.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back