Cyclecarts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
And now for something completely different. One of our members, Todd, from years ago built one of these. He lived in Faribaut, MN. I bought a 292 Chevy 6 from him. Good guy, I'm going to do a little research and see if he is racing his cart.

Looks like a fun time. There's video of a group in Arizona that is up to the same shenanigans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ1lfkhiv-U

Last edited:
Loads of fun! My grandboy and his buddy were out here this weekend tearing my roads up. I got so much griping from everybody about it, I never put a body on mine so it remains a "go kart" I guess. I built it like the karts. 6 1/2 hp Predator motor, torque averter, 19" diameter wheels on mine with tractor treads. I have done 2 golf carts also with the same setup on motor, drive axle, torque averter deal. One of my buds clocked his at 37 mph without much for extras so I'm thinking my kart might be a little faster. The kids love it when the grownups give em a turn.
Todd's was built like an Allis Chalmers if I remember right and he was a great help for ideas on mine. Hope his is doing well!

Seeing his here was got me interested in these small cycle cars as well. Bought the rad shell, hood & fuel tank off of a FarmAll M, which is maybe a bit too big for something like this. (Would also be really heavy by their standards.) I think I'm going to have to try to sell it, because I can see the writing on the wall - will soon have to give up the building where I have all of that stuff stored. There are pictures of what I've got here someplace, I think on Todd's thread, where he showed what he had built.
(I am still more interested in actual racers, have been since I was in HS back in the early 70's. But I figured this would have to do, then I found out how much you get in just the wheels alone. And I also prefer the solid disk style wheels, which while the cycleKart guys make fake ones, they get upset if you start talking about making real ones.)

Latest posts

Back